Create a Game Project
There are two ways of creating a project in Buildbox:
- Creating a new game from scratch. For example, see Making a Simple Game.
- Using a guided wizard that walks you through the process.
To create a project:
- On the Getting Started screen, click Create New at the top left.
A page with two options is displayed.
- Depending on your preference, do either of the following:
- To be guided through the process, click Create Individual and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To create a game from scratch, click 2D Game or 3D Game.
A new project loads with two nodes on the Mind Map: the Start node and either a 2D World or 3D world, depending on your selection.
- On the Buildbox menu bar, select File > Project Settings to open the Project Settings window.
- In the Full Game Name field, type a name for your game.
- In the Orientation drop-down list, choose the appropriate orientation, and click OK.
- Start building your game by adding levels, creating characters, enemies, UI screens, and so on.
- To save your project, do the following:
- On the Buildbox menu bar, click File and select Save As.
- Choose a location and type a name for your project.
- Click Save.
After the project is created, a BBDOC file will be created on your computer with the name of your game, and its name will also appear in the Open Recent section on the Getting Started screen.