What’s new in Buildbox 3.3
The following features have been added to Buildbox 3.3.7:
- Offline Mode
- Ability to create folders in the Asset panel, see also 3D World Asset Panel
- Buildbox Menu bar now contains a Tools menu for Worlds
- Ability to select, drag, and add multiple assets from the Asset panel to a scene
- Right-click to convert selected nodes to a Brainbox, see also Node Map Workspace
- Ability to drag multiple assets from the Asset panel to a Scene.
- Ability to drag a bounding box to select multiple nodes in a Node Map
- Right-click menu on the Asset Node Map to change the background color of the selected Brainbox
- Coin Shop Button and Confirmation Button added to the UI Asset Library
- New advanced node: Shop Placeholder Item node that works in conjunction with the Coin Shop Button UI asset, see also Coin Shop
- Teleport Smart Asset that contains a Teleport Entry and Exit.
- New advanced node in World Mind Maps: Graphics Settings node that toggles image filtering, see also Graphics Settings Node
- Animation and Label Node attribute: Billboard Mode
- Return all visible attribute names
- Return all visible types of attribute
- Create a log entry every time the game enters and leaves a scene
- Adjust the background music volume
- Opening a project that contains a single world will now open the Scene View instead of the Mind Map.
- The following options have been moved to View > Zoom:
- Zoom In
- Zoom Out
- Show All
- Show Frame
- Actual Size
- Asset duplicates in the Asset panel now contain copy in their name.
- For Windows users, unavailable menu options on the Buildbox Menu bar are disabled instead of hidden.
- Keyboard shortcut for taking a screenshot in the Preview window is now Alt + S.
- Moving an asset in the Asset panel will no longer place it at the bottom of its category.
- Moving an object in the outliner no longer expands all outliner groups.
- In the Outliner, dragging objects below the last one in a group will now place the object at the bottom and within the group.
- Step Roto Move Brainbox no longer vibrates the asset instead of rotating it during some situations.
- Assets in the Ball Flipper template are placed correctly and within the Start/End points.
- Exported Windows games no longer contain incorrect near and far rendering distance.
- Exported full screen Windows games are now displayed properly with no bottom or top cut off.
- iOS Restore Purchases no longer allow exploits.
- Asset attribute values now update properly after selecting a new asset.
- Exporting an asset will now include all attached FBX animations instead of just one.
- Windows: Dropdowns in the Select Color window now updates attributes correctly.
- Selecting the Infinite checkbox on the Ground Object no longer resets the length and width attribute values to 1.
- Cancelling a multiple asset import now cancels all of the current asset imports instead of just one.
- Restore Purchases now restores Locked buttons.
- In the Outliner, hiding the Ground now hides it during gameplay.
- Undoing an action after a tab has been closed no longer hides the x button.
- Duplicating and deleting scenes no longer requires you to select them a second time.
- Mac: Crash no longer occurs after rapidly duplicating a node in succession.
- The Cancel button on the Save/Load window now functions as intended.
- Adding a new mesh to a 3D Model node now updates as intended.
The following features have been added to Buildbox 3.3.5:
- SHIFT+Click to select multiple objects in the Outliner
- CTRL/CMD+Click to select multiple nodes on a Node Map
- Right-click menu on the asset Node Map that contains Duplicate, Copy, Paste, and Delete.
- New action node: Interval and Threshold
- Important icon next to the Asset attribute in the Debris Explosion node to indicate that no asset has been selected
- The following options have been added to the Buildbox menu bar:
- File > Project Settings
- Run > Preview
- Run > Preview Selected Scene
- View > Animation Bar
- View > Scene View
- Tools > Font Editor
- Help > Report a Feature Request
- Help > Report an Issue
- Account > Sign Out
- The Project Settings and Font Editor buttons have been removed from the Navigation bar and placed in the Buildbox menu bar.
- Keyboard shortcuts are now displayed next to each menu item in the Buildbox menu bar.
- Help > Keyboard Shortcuts now links to the keyboard shortcuts documentation.
- The Event Observer node’s name has been changed to Event.
- Ad network integration now requires Xcode 12 to export a game for iOS14.
- A permission window for app tracking appears when the player first opens a game that is published for iOS14.
- Crashes no longer occur in the following situations:
- When an asset has a Delay node connected to a Spawn node.
- After Closing 3D/2D Worlds after editing them in Scene Editor.
- After opening a file, previewing the game, and closing the preview window.
- During preview when there are any camera animation nodes present in the World’s component Node Map.
- After creating a new game while the current project has two active Worlds.
- Clean Pyramid and Rock 1 assets no longer appear stretched during gameplay.
- Playing UI sounds no longer cancels World sounds in iOS.
- Linkers now work after loading from the checkpoint.
- Switching between Portrait and Landscape orientation now changes the orientation of the Start screen.
- FBX animations can now be accessed across all 3D Worlds.
- Errors no longer occur in the Dagger Toss template after the knife hits the target during preview.
- Creating a project with the Isometric Platformer or 3D Demo templates requires a single click instead of a double click.
- The Camera object in a 3D World no longer appears in front of the Scene Editor view when using the mouse wheel.
- The list of assets in the Asset Library no longer appears shifted to the left after opening and closing the Asset Library.
- Entering a value in the Play Cooldown scene attribute and enabling Align Scenes will now display all scenes during gameplay.
- Fixed the names and descriptions for 2D and 3D assets in the asset library.
- Added searchable tags to assets in the asset library.