What’s new in Buildbox 3.3
- Mac: crash no longer occurs during preview after removing a parent and child asset at the same time.
- Crash no longer occurs during preview if an asset contains a blank Scene attribute in a Sub Scene node or null in the ComponentAnimation3d function.
- Fixed a Node Map copy and paste issue that created more copies than the amount of nodes selected.
- In the Scene Editor Outliner, if the camera is a child of an asset, duplicating that asset no longer creates a duplicate of the camera.
- Assets that are attached to joints in an FBX asset now appear at the proper joint location.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Scale tool icon on the tool bar to be selected after selecting the Multitool.
- Fixed an issue that caused Buildbox to close without a save prompt.
- After creating a new 2D World, the camera is now at the default view.
- Selected Scene Editor mode buttons on the toolbar no longer appear selected after moving to another world.
- Snap mode now works in 2D Worlds
- Fixed an issue that cause View > Scene View> Reset View to flip the view of the current Scene.
- Crash no longer occurs during preview if an asset contains a Purchase node connected to a Logger node.
- Crash no longer occurs if a Delay node contains an array.
- Mac: users no longer have to force quit Buildbox after closing it with the Preview window open.
- The Jump Brainbox now displays Jump attributes in the Options panel.
- Assets that contain a blank Scene attribute in a Sub Scene node will no longer have blank icons in the Asset panel.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Scene View menu on the Buildbox menu bar to appear on the Welcome Screen.
- Fixed an issue with loading linkers at checkpoints.
- Crash no longer occurs after using custom JS code. Instead, a JS error message appears.
- Mac: In the Node Map and in the Script Editor, Pressing Cmd + Backspace no longer deletes the node.
- Crash no longer occurs after importing a large amount of BBASSETS.
- Fixed an issue that prevented State Machine Input names from being changed.
- Fixed an issue with the right-click menu in the asset Node Map that caused attributes to overlap in the Options panel.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Undo from affecting axis fields.
- Fixed an issue in the UI Outliner that caused assets to appear as parented or grouped.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Start node Name attribute to appear in the Options panel after duplicating an asset in the Asset panel.
- Selecting an Enabled Node input now allows that node to function as if it were connected to the Start node.
- In a 2D World, the camera icon appears in the Scene Editor after selecting the Camera in the Outliner.
- Fixed an issue in the Asset Node Map that cause the Script Editor to shrink every time it’s opened.
- Added Signal Limiting to the UI Joystick Move node to allow FBX animations to update properly.
- In exported games, review requests no longer appear on top of advertisements.
- Fixed an issue during Camera mode in the Scene editor that caused objects that are parented to the camera to be invisible.
- Fixed an issue in exported games that stopped the game sound after returning from an interstitial ad.
- The Logger node now prints in the following format: Log Label – Sender Node Name / Source Attribute Name : Value.
- The Logger node Log Name attribute has been changed to Label.
The following fixes have been applied to Buildbox 3.3.9:
- Fixed an issue that causes an error to occur after creating a 2D game.
- Fixed an issue in the UI Editor Outliner that changes the asset order.
- Dragging an asset to a group folder now correctly places the asset in that folder.
- Transparent objects during preview no longer appear darker as they move further from the camera.
- Selecting an asset that contains multiple images in the Asset panel will no longer display a different image in the scene editor and asset panel.
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain assets from being selected.
- Crash no longer occurs after passing strings as arguments to the sub scene functions.
- Crash no longer occurs after giving a duplicate name to a custom node attribute in the Options, and the error pop-up window now appears at its proper size.
- Crash no longer occurs after deleting an image in the left panel of the Sprite editor.
- Crashes no longer occur during preview after a UI asset activates the Game Over input of an event node.
- Fixed a back end issue that caused some projects to crash.
- Rotating a single axis with the rotate tool in the Scene Editor now adjusts the proper axis value.
- Exported games on a mobile device now pauses every time the app is hidden on a mobile device if the game has a pause menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Z axis to appear in 2D Worlds and disappear in 3D Worlds.
- Changes in the Sub-scene manager are now only applied after clicking the Assign button.
- Trail node now contains an Up Vector attribute that allows it to be adjusted to appear in 2D Worlds.
- Default Worlds and Worlds that are added to the Mind map will now start with the same scene view and start/end point positions.
- Artifacting no longer occurs in the Brainbox previews.
- Admob integration updated for iOS.
- Stick to Edge node now works properly.
- Fixed an issue in the Path Move node that prevented scenes from endlessly looping.
- Fixed an issue that cause out of memory leaks to occur in the preview window.
- Preview window no longer dissapears after moving it to another external display.
- Increased the size of the JS memory pool.
- In the Asset Library, the Add to Library button is now Add to Project.
- New JS API function: worldRotation(Quat) for entities.
- Logging System.fps() no longer crashes Buildbox.
- Removed multiple options that are disabled in the Buildbox menu bar.
- Fixed an issue that was hiding group folders in the asset panel.
TIP: If an asset or group folder does not appear in the Asset panel, add another asset from the Asset Library to refresh the folder list.
The following features have been added to Buildbox 3.3.7:
- Offline Mode
- Ability to create folders in the Asset panel
- Buildbox Menu bar now contains a Tools menu for Worlds
- Ability to select, drag, and add multiple assets from the Asset panel to a scene
- Ability to drag a bounding box to select multiple nodes in a Node Map
- Right-click the background area of a Brainbox to change its background color.
- Right-click to convert selected nodes to a Brainbox
- Teleport Smart Asset that contains a Teleport Entry and Exit.
- New advanced node in World Mind Maps: Graphics Settings node that toggles image filtering.
- All platforms now enable image filtering by default.
- Animation and Label Node attribute: Billboard Mode
- Return Script attributeNames()
- Create a log entry every time the game enters and leaves a scene
- Adjust the background music volume
- Implemented Java callbacks for scene enter and exit in exported Android apps.
- Opening a project that contains a single world will now open the Scene View instead of the Mind Map.
- The following options have been moved to View > Zoom:
- Zoom In
- Zoom Out
- Show All
- Show Frame
- Actual Size
- Asset duplicates in the Asset panel now have the word “Copy” added to their name.
- For Windows users, unavailable menu options on the Buildbox Menu bar are disabled instead of hidden.
- Keyboard shortcut for taking a screenshot in the Preview window is now Alt + S.
- Moving an asset in the Asset panel will no longer place it at the bottom of its category.
- Moving an object in the outliner no longer expands all outliner groups.
- In the Outliner, dragging objects below the last one in a group will now place the object at the bottom and within the group.
- Step Roto Move Brainbox now works correctly
- Assets in the Ball Flipper template are placed correctly and within the Start/End points.
- Exported Windows games no longer contain incorrect near and far rendering distance.
- Exported full screen Windows games are now displayed properly with no bottom or top cut off.
- Alt + S now works as intended to take screenshots in the Preview window.
- Asset attribute values now update properly after selecting a new asset.
- Exporting an asset will now include all attached FBX animations instead of just one.
- Windows: Dropdowns in the Select Color window now updates attributes correctly.
- Selecting the Infinite checkbox on the Ground Object no longer resets the length and width attribute values to 1.
- Cancelling a multiple asset import now cancels all of the current asset imports instead of just one.
- Restore Purchases now restores Locked buttons.
- In the Outliner, hiding the Ground now hides it during gameplay.
- Undoing an action after a tab has been closed no longer hides the x button.
- Duplicating and deleting scenes no longer requires you to select them a second time.
- Mac: Crash no longer occurs after rapidly duplicating a node in succession.
- The Cancel button on the Save/Load window now functions as intended.
- Adding a new mesh to a 3D Model node now updates as intended.
- Can now change the color of text in Animation
The following features have been added to Buildbox 3.3.5:
- SHIFT+Click to select multiple objects in the Outliner
- CTRL/CMD+Click to select multiple nodes on a Node Map
- Right-click menu on the asset Node Map that contains Duplicate, Copy, Paste, and Delete.
- New action node: Interval and Threshold
- Important icon next to the Asset attribute in the Debris Explosion node to indicate that no asset has been selected
- The following options have been added to the Buildbox menu bar:
- File > Project Settings
- Run > Preview
- Run > Preview Selected Scene
- View > Animation Bar
- View > Scene View
- Tools > Font Editor
- Help > Report a Feature Request
- Help > Report an Issue
- Account > Sign Out
- The Project Settings and Font Editor buttons have been removed from the Navigation bar and placed in the Buildbox menu bar.
- Keyboard shortcuts are now displayed next to each menu item in the Buildbox menu bar.
- Help > Keyboard Shortcuts now links to the keyboard shortcuts documentation.
- The Event Observer node’s name has been changed to Event.
- Ad network integration now requires Xcode 12 to export a game for iOS14.
- A permission window for app tracking appears when the player first opens a game that is published for iOS14.
- Crashes no longer occur in the following situations:
- When an asset has a Delay node connected to a Spawn node.
- After Closing 3D/2D Worlds after editing them in Scene Editor.
- After opening a file, previewing the game, and closing the preview window.
- During preview when there are any camera animation nodes present in the World’s component Node Map.
- After creating a new game while the current project has two active Worlds.
- Clean Pyramid and Rock 1 assets no longer appear stretched during gameplay.
- Playing UI sounds no longer cancels World sounds in iOS.
- Linkers now work after loading from the checkpoint.
- Switching between Portrait and Landscape orientation now changes the orientation of the Start screen.
- FBX animations can now be accessed across all 3D Worlds.
- Errors no longer occur in the Dagger Toss template after the knife hits the target during preview.
- Creating a project with the Isometric Platformer or 3D Demo templates requires a single click instead of a double click.
- The Camera object in a 3D World no longer appears in front of the Scene Editor view when using the mouse wheel.
- The list of assets in the Asset Library no longer appears shifted to the left after opening and closing the Asset Library.
- Entering a value in the Play Cooldown scene attribute and enabling Align Scenes will now display all scenes during gameplay.
- Fixed the names and descriptions for 2D and 3D assets in the asset library.
- Added searchable tags to assets in the asset library.