Export a Game Project
To export your project, you need to complete the steps below and then compile your game project for the platform where you want to publish your game.
Saving and Exporting Your Game Project
- Remove unused images and sounds:
- On the Buildbox menu bar, go to View > Atlases.
- In the Atlas Editor, select each atlas and in the Options panel click Optimize.
- Close the Altas Editor.
- On the menu bar, go to Tools and select Remove Unused Sound Objects.
- On the Navigation bar, click the Settings button.
- In the Project Settings window, fill in the General project settings for each platform where you want to publish your game.
- Close the Settings window.
- On the Buildbox menu bar, go to File > Export and select the platform where you want to publish your game.
A progress indicator appears as Buildbox saves your game project.
- In the displayed Save As dialog, type a name for the folder where your exported game should be saved and select its location on your computer, for example, Desktop.
If you are planning to export to more than one platform, to be able to distinguish between the export folders with the same name, include the platform name at the end of the export folder name, for example, My Game Name iOS.
- Click Save.
A progress indicator appears as Buildbox exports your game project.
- When the process is complete, navigate to the export folder where you saved it on your computer and open it.
- For all platforms except Windows EXE, compile your project in Xcode, Visual Studio, or a similar IDE, as explained below.