This movement node allows the asset to rotate along the specified axis.
||Type a custom name for this node, if needed.
- Enter a numeric value in any of the axis fields to represent the rotation direction and speed.
- The greater the number, the faster the asset will rotate.
- To make the asset rotate clockwise along an axis, enter a (+) positive value in the desired Speed axis field.
- To make the asset rotate counter clockwise along an axis, enter a (-) negative value in the desired Speed axis field.
- Also depends on which direction the game camera is facing.
- If you put values in more than one axis, the asset will rotate in all of the specified axis directions
- For example, if all of the axis fields contain values, the asset will rotate like that of a mechanical bull.
- Creating a value range:
- To make the asset pick a random axis value, enter a value in any of the range fields to the right.
- The range value is both added and subtracted to create a minimum and maximum of possible outcomes.
- For example, if you enter a value of 100 in the Y axis, a value between 50 and 150 will be selected during gameplay.
If there is no value in an axis field, then other nodes can affect this asset in those axes. This is useful when adding a Jump node to an asset.
If needed, you can also customize this node. For details, see Customizing Nodes.
See also, Rotate Brainbox.