Mobile Controls Brainbox
This Advanced Platformer Brainbox allows the player to move the asset with a UI Joystick control.
After you add this Brainbox to an asset, you need to add a Joystick asset to the UI Screen Node connected to the current 3D World.
- On the Mind Map and in the Node Panel, drag a UI Screen node into the grid.
- On the UI Screen Node connect the Load input to the UI output of the desired 3D World.
- Double-click the UI Screen node to open the UI Editor.
- In the Asset Panel on the left, click the Asset Library button.
- Double-click the Joystick asset to add it to the Asset Panel.
- From the Asset Panel, drag the Joystick asset into the UI Editor.
After you add a UI joystick asset, you need to make sure that the Event Name attribute in both the Brainbox and the Joystick have the same name.
|Sensitivity||Enter a numeric value to determine how far the player needs to drag the joystick handle in order for the asset to move at the maximum distance.|
|Event Group||Enter the name in the field that matches the name of a Joystick asset Event Group attribute.|
|Event Name||Enter the name in the field that matches the name of a Joystick asset Event Name attribute.|
|Run UI Button||Click the drop down and select the following options the player can tap or click to make the asset move at the run speed specified by the Animated Platformer Brainbox.
|Jump UI Button||Click the drop down and select the following options the player can tap or click to make the asset jump.
Brainbox Node Group
After you add this Brainbox to an asset, a custom Mobile Controller node, a Receive node, and two UI Button nodes appear in the node map.