We’ve recently released Buildbox 3.1.4. With this latest version, you’ll be able to make 3D games like never before! We’ve added over 25 fixes and improvements to the software. There’s a new 3D preview feature in the Node Editor, so you can view it as you create. Plus, to make it super easy to fully customize and design your game exactly how you want it, we’ve also added tons of blending options for 3D models along with 2-sided materials for meshes too.
Also, as a special bonus, we’re giving away a free exclusive 3D Buildbox template that you can use to dive right in and start creating a game. This awesome template showcases some of our latest features. Plus it includes an animated lighthouse with a scenic background full of ponds, trees, grass, logs, and much more. With it, you’ll be able to make your own 3D game easily. You can download the free template by clicking on the button below.
Here’s a closer look at Buildbox 3.1.4 and our new template in action!
Check out this template we put together that highlights some of the new features too!
For a much smoother experience, we’ve fixed some crash issues, improved memory, health options, and navigation in Buildbox as well. We appreciate all the valuable feedback and suggestions we’ve been receiving via our support channels and forums. Our development team will be adding more improvements in future updates.
Buildbox 3.1.4 Update
For a complete list of changes, you can view the full changelog below:
- Added: ‘2 Sided’ material for meshes
- Added: Blending options for 3D Model
- Added: CPU usage optimization by QML parts
- Added: Set/get Settings value functions
- Added: Option to create empty 3D Game on welcome screen
- Added: ForceInit for entity [JSAPI]
- Added: 3D Preview inside Node Editor
- Added: Scene dragging with middle mouse button for 3D editor
- Added: Shortcuts for switching tabs (Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+PgDn and Ctrl+Shift+Tab/Ctrl+PgUp)
- Fixed: Tab switching speed
- Fixed: Objects on curves / vertical incline and declines
- Fixed: Custom Ads for Paid customers
- Fixed: Memory leaks
- Fixed: 0 Health issue
- Fixed: Label Node always Layers to Top Layer
- Fixed: Crash when renaming script attributes
- Fixed: Shadows inside editor
- Fixed: Click on World tab in tab bar closes Asset library
- Fixed: Issue with mismatched initAdNetwork definitions in custom integrator
- Fixed: Crash when Preview after connecting Duplicate UI to 2D/3D World.
- Fixed: Crash in some rare cases of entity deletion
- Fixed: Crash related to Glue Node
- Fixed: 2D Advanced Move Brainbox
- Fixed: 2D Switch Roto Move Brainbox
- Fixed: Crash when tab contents went missing
- Fixed: Bug when tab got stuck after changing attribute value and switching to another tab
- Reworked: Debris Explosion node
Thanks so much for your support! We can’t wait to see the amazing games that you create with Buildbox 3 and our new free template.