Buildbox Shop Creator Terms
The Buildbox Service enables Buildbox users (“Creators”) to license game assets (as further described below, “Assets”) through an online shop (the “Shop”) operated by App Onboard, Inc. (“AppOnboard”, “we”, or “us”). Through the Shop, users (“Developers”) may offer Assets to Creators through the Buildbox Service. These Shop Creator Terms apply to your use of the Shop as a Creator. If you are a Developer, please refer to the Buildbox Shop Developer Terms.
Your use of the Shop is also subject to, and these Shop Creator Terms are “Additional Terms” under, the Buildbox Terms of Service (the “General Terms”). In the event of a conflict between these Shop Creator Terms and the General Terms, these Shop Creator Terms will control with respect to the Shop. Capitalized Terms used in these Shop Creator Terms that are not defined here have the meanings given in the General Terms.
Assets and License Grant
- Assets. As used in these Shop Creator Terms, “Assets” means resources that may be used in the creation of a Buildbox game or application and that are offered in the Shop. These Assets may include, without limitation, code snippets, nodes, artwork, sound, or playable game templates.
- License Grant. When you acquire a license to Assets, AppOnboard grants you a worldwide license to use, copy, and display the Assets within games that you create using the Buildbox Service (“Your Games”) and to license and distribute Your Games that contain the Assets to third parties. Without limiting your rights to license and distribute Your Games, the Assets and this license are non-assignable and non-transferable, meaning that you may not assign, transfer, or resell the Assets or your rights under this license to anyone else. This license is non-sublicensable, meaning that you may not grant anyone else the right to use the Assets for any purpose (other than as incorporated in Your Games), including using the Assets for games they create. You may modify the Assets solely as necessary to use them in connection with Your Games. You may not distribute the Assets on a standalone basis, whether modified or unmodified, or in any manner that would allow others to copy or use the Assets.
- Ownership of Assets. The Assets are licensed to you and not sold. Except for the rights granted to you above, you do not acquire any rights, title, or interest in the Assets or any portion of them. Except for the license granted to you above, Buildbox, the Developer, and their licensors retain all rights, title, and interest in the Assets.
- Restrictions. Your use of the Assets is subject to the same restrictions that apply to the Buildbox Service under the General Terms. You may not use the Assets in any manner that would violate the General Terms including, for example, in any manner that would violate any law, or that would be abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. Please refer to the General Terms for a complete list of the prohibitions applicable to the Buildbox Service.
- Developer Warranties. Each Developer warrants to Creators that:
- Developer is the exclusive owner of the Assets (including all intellectual property rights therein);
- the Assets comply with the Guidelines;
- Developer’s descriptions of the Assets are true and accurate;
- there is no pending or, to Developer’s knowledge, threatened dispute, litigation, proceeding, or other claim which could materially impact Developer’s ability to offer the Assets in the Shop, or to make any of the representations or warranties in this Section, and there exists no reasonable basis for any such claim;
- the Assets do not infringe the intellectual property rights or personal rights of any third party;
- Developer has the full power, authority and right to permit AppOnboard to grant the license under these Shop Creator Terms;
- Developer has not granted any license or other right, title, or interest under or relating to the Assets that would prevent or limit Creators from exercising the rights granted to them under these Shop Creator Terms.
- DISCLAIMER. YOU USE THE ASSETS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EXCEPT FOR THE DEVELOPER WARRANTIES PROVIDED ABOVE, THE ASSETS ARE LICENSED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW APPONBOARD AND ITS LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE ASSETS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT).
You are responsible for paying the fees applicable to the Assets that you license from the Shop. All pricing is stated and shall be paid in Buildbux virtual currency. Buldbux virtual currency is available for purchase within the Buildbox Service. You are solely responsible for all taxes, fees, duties, and governmental assessments (except for taxes based on AppOnboard’s net income) that are imposed or become due in connection with your licensing or use of the Assets. Once you have purchased a license or completed a download, all payments are non-refundable.
AppOnboard may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change these Shop Creator Terms from time to time. All changes to these Shop Creator Terms will be effective when posted, and we will provide notification of such changes to you via the Service or contact information you may have provided to AppOnboard upon registration. If you object to any such changes, you may not participate in the Shop.
Last Updated: 4/12/2022