Master Collection 2 - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

That is not rare at all lol. A majority of indie devs are not rich. I am one of them lol.

I am actually reconsidering getting Buildbox at all. With this announcement, I was hyped about it, especially since I heard Trey talk about how it would be more affordable and their target is indie. With the video, I was super hyped until I saw the price and the payment plan they provided. Sure it is more affordable than the previous, but it still does not mean it is affordable to the average indie dev.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  2. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I was being sarcastic about indie developers being rich. I too was excited about getting the new programs, I even called up my grandma asking for a $3,000 loan (Elders are a bit more wise, so she didn't give it to me. Thank god for that.) Every time I see something I want, I watch a ton of videos about it -- but since the Master Collection 2 has just released, I've been on the forums all day. I read a post stating that the business strategy of only being available for 1 week is very sketchy and it's what scammers do (I think it was by @Christoph ) and I completely agree with that...It kind-of woke me up from the trance of excitement and made me realize that the programs are not worth anywhere near $3,000, especially since I won't be using most of it.

NemoPiXL likes this.
  3. hokuto_tc

hokuto_tc Boxer

well, I was not commenting on the price itself. I am not saying the price is good. Not saying the price is friendly or fair for what you get. I was only commenting on the offer, what it included and how the BETA fits into the deal

the issue here is that even at a cheaper price tag, is it really wise to pay money for software that offers no trial, demo... talking about the Master Collection set of tools. It's a lot of money to ask for unproven and unpublished tools.

The only software that is currently out there is BuildBox 2.x
    All the other are pieces of software included in the deal are worth nothing until published, proven (which is true for any software from any Company, not trying to single out BB)

thatguyminib likes this.
  4. hokuto_tc

hokuto_tc Boxer

yes that is why I created this thread asking specifically about the state of the software included in the deal... ready? roadmap?
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...on-2-bb3-clarification-before-purchase.11675/

5. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

I purchased master collection 1 for the full price. Still at version 1.0, unusable piece of abandonware.
    To have to pay even a dollar for MC2 when they completely f@#ed me at MC1, hm. what do I say? A horrible way to treat old customers.
    If they would give med MC2 as a free upgrade, I'd be happy to pay 999 for a perpetual BB3 licence in the future.

I've already paid more than 6k for BB1, BB2 and MC1.

6. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I agree, beta software shouldn't cost you anything to test -- especially since you're finding and reporting bugs that will make others want to buy the final released version, making BuildBox (Not you) money. A website builder tool called Bootstrap Studio offers an in-browser demo, which is really useful and made me want to buy it after testing. You can't export files, but it allows you to get a feel for the software -- without it being completely free. I think BuildBox should incorporate this into their programs, it could be really beneficial for install rates.

7. thatguyminib

@comicsmathias Wow your statement right there is really making me consider now if I should subscribe at all for Buildbox. Mainly in the fear that we will all be in this situation again two years from now.

Also, do you mean the $99 a month fee? If you don't mind me asking how much was the upgrade price?

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

It takes money to make money. I was on the edge of my seat as i seen the UI maker and the scene in BB3 where he made the S road path thing. I seen a million ideas flash through my head. I wont be getting the MC2 as im not able. I dont even have a BB sub anymore. [adopted two kids, yada yada yada] but i can see BBs future is bright.

9. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

A light bulb can only shine at it's brightest if the electricity is paid for.

comicsmathias likes this.
  10. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Last night, after the live event, everyone was talking about how much they wanted MC2 and they're going to buy it soon...but this morning, I haven't seen anything except for complaints. It seems like I wasn't the only one to "wake up", and I'm glad people aren't hypnotized but the limited time that they ignore the insane price tag.

11. thatguyminib

I do want it that is for sure but as soon as I saw that price tag and the payment plans I got sad lol.

Another thing to consider is that the price right now is only for a limited time, but that is probably to get people to hurry up and buy.

12. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Yeah, I would buy it if the price was lower and you could choose which software you want to install. I posted a pricing suggestion here, which I think it pretty fair for all the features you're supplied with: https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/buildbox-2-3-is-here.11679/#post-62254

13. thatguyminib

Agreed I would buy it if the payment plan was better or if you could possibly get the software separately, but even now I am reconsidering even subscribing to Buildbox mainly because of what @comicsmathias said earlier about how they got the first collection which was unusable and they still have to pay a fee to get what should be a free update.

14. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

If it wasn't limited time, I wouldn't be so cautious. They say Master Collection 2 will be available again in late 2018 (Hopefully updated with most of the bugs fixed) but that's at an increased price tag -- which BuildBox has yet to specify.

15. hokuto_tc

hokuto_tc Boxer

I think build box got it wrong this time around.
    They should have shown/released trial/demo option for the Master Collection Tools (considering MC1 was never delivered to people that paid $5000+ for it)

but they could say... hey... forget about all of that... in the end we are only asking you to pay the full license for BB2 then the rest of the software is free... Sill... if it doesn't work, it will only stain BB reputation.

also one word of advice for Trey and those roots he keeps dragging on from the old days of internet marketing. With pro-software all it counts is facts and results... not promises. Do not ruin what you have built with Build Box using old marketing tactics.

1) only sell what is actually finished and ready to be used
    2) stop saying it took you 2 years to create those pieces of software because it actually means nothing for the following reasons
    - did it take 2 years one single programmer to make them? then who cares it took you 2 years... it was under staffed development and not that expensive
    - did it take 2 years because the few people working on those pieces of software were doing it part time while working on BB2? Then who cares... it is not a real 2 years worth talking about
    - did it take 2 years a team of 5 to 20 developers full time to create that software? Then you should show and say that, because in this case dev costs are worth appreciating

3) in the end it could have taken you 5 years or 6 months (depending on quantity and skills of developers involved) it all doesn't really matter... all it matters is that Purchasers of Master Collection 1 are not happy, they didn't get what you promised. So the only fact is that MC1 was not fully developed

so?

so you first have to show that this time this software works and it's ready to use... people judges you on your past performance, and what you did with MC1 tells us that we should not buy MC 2
    So show the software to be working, mostly bug free... THEN and only then you can tell us what the price is and how we can buy it...

Just some suggestion because you did great with Build Box, don't ruin it now, stop the silly internet marketing nonsense and time limited pressure... you want to sell for a pro price... then keep everything professional, easy to understand, be more of an open book, start talking about roadmaps, review your prices

Go on you can do it :)

16. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Im particularly baffled as to why the MC isn't some sort of monthly subscription based addon!
    You know $100 for BB and $25 for MC or something!

AaroArts and andre_sprs like this.
  17. thatguyminib

I wish! I honestly would pay $250 a month for a year in order to pay for it all XD.

The main problem for me is that there are no feasible payment plans and it sounds like that is an issue for a lot of others as well.

Also the fact that MC1 purchasers got basically nothing, from what I am told. Who is to say that won't happen with MC2 and even further when we get to MC3? Will history repeat itself?

comicsmathias likes this.
  18. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

2 months at that rate (With the current $3,000 price) and you'll have just one of the Master Collection's programs...it's extremely overpriced
    ($250 * 2 = $500) & ($3000 / 6 = $500)

I just realized you did the math correctly...whatever, I'm posting this anyway.

19. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

I don't remember the exact prices. I think it was 2700 for a lifetime access to Buildbox when the software was brand new. Then, suddenly I had to pay for bb2, 1300. And 2700? for Master Collection.

I have a support email where they promise to update MC...

20. thatguyminib

T
    That is insane! If they promised to update MC1 and this is basically that you guys should get it for free.

@comicsmathias how unusable was MC1?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.