Buildbox 3 Beta: Tutorials

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by NikRudenko, Jul 26, 2018.

1. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Send me a link for your mesh and I'll see what I can do !

2. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Private me your OBJ model. I can check what is going on there.

bmsingha likes this.
  3. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Great, will send you through

4. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hey @NikRudenko , we tried again and yes it allows now, great ;) , per obj one material

5. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I don’t understand why anyone is trying to put high poly objects into a mobile game. If anything you should be deleting polygons you’ll never see on all 3D objects present in a game and optimizing as much as possible.

If you want a lot of surface detail on a mesh in a game then wait and hope BB3 supports normal maps one day. If you get used to using high poly objects now things will only get harder for you if/when they support FBX imports. Both because rigging s high poly mesh is a nightmare and because importing bones is another big performance hit in games that you have to worry about.

So right now, if you’re new to 3D games, get used to optimizing every 3D object you put in your game. I even mean the stuff they already have in there as examples. If your game has a wall and you never see the back side of that wall while you play the game, delete any polygons that are on the back. There’s no point of calculating that data. It’s a waste of computations. Optimize and then optimize some more. It all adds up in the end.

runrollgames and CyCo Dev like this.
  6. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

I think you just have to be smart about how you model, my yellow sub is only 350 poly's less than one of the standard sphere's. To me you need to keep the texture size down that's where all the processing power goes. It's is a pain you can't read material files that would save a lot of space. For me this is just a hobby and I enjoy using BB.

7. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

Ok a
    would be grat if u add Fog option distance or siilar

8. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

@NikRudenko will be possible to make AI like Bumper.io to make simulation of multiplayer?
    or growing sistem like agar ios?

9. NikRudenko

Yes it is possible to do it right now with existing API but you have to code this stuff.
    As soon as we stabilize BB3 we will start looking in to this cool features like augmented multiplayer experience

Hue Buildbox and viking like this.
  10. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

and what about camera cut in gameplay to make some cutscene or diferent view??

11. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

@NikRudenko
    and what about camera cut in gameplay to make some cutscene or diferent view??

12. NikRudenko

you can set camera at any position. hoverer we still need to improve API for camera so you can do cut scenes and some procedural stuff for cameras

13. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

@NikRudenko
    will be possible to move camera in gameplay like first person or third person games???? to look area???

14. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

One thing what was problem in previous Buildbox is gameplay movement, where onlu character is going some where,
    will be better to add new feature where characters is staing on its position and objects are coming, line in Ballz

15. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

In the Scripting Video, can you please export the Rotation Node with up / down movement of the coin and make it available for download?

Suggestion: Also, it would be nice to have a Scripted Nodes section or area somewhere on the website of Buildbox to be uploaded by registered Forum users and downloaded by anyone to enhance the BuildBox capability. This way users can upload their own nodes and to be available for download as a third party assets. You'll be adding more Nodes as BuildBox 3 goes by, but it would be nice for users to have more control and submit their own work. Like a Node Asset Store, or Node Marketplace, or Community Nodes - but all free for Buildbox members.

This action alone would expand BuildBox enormously quite fast, instead of waiting on Team Development to come up with new Nodes. @TreySmith @NikRudenko

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Phil H likes this.
  16. Drago8

Drago8 Boxer

why there's no javascript documentation for bb3d yet?

17. PLASSA

PLASSA Boxer

Because it's in beta.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  18. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Hi itzonator,

Everything is shown in the Scripting Demo Video for you to make your own node with the up/down motion. All you do is drag out a rotate node onto your node grid, double-click on it to view the code and type in exactly what Zach entered in the video. As he showed, to make it a coin, you just drag in the mesh for a coin that you can download off the web and you're done.

If you haven't seen them, in this thread, I have uploaded two custom nodes, including sample BBDocs and documentation on how to use them, that you are free to use in your projects. Yes, I agree that a repository is necessary and I'm sure they're planning one...but they can't do everything at once. I'm sure it's coming soon and no one will be happier to see it than me.

Bill

19. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

20. hybrid.gl

hybrid.gl Boxer

Thanks, im starting using buildbox 3d and does tutotials helps a lot