V2.1.0 - Object Opacity Has Changed

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Phill Mason, May 19, 2016.

1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK, I understand what you are referring to now. You have a choice, If you just remove the images you will get the orange box back. I would argue that this is more correct. I don't think the orange box was ever meant to indicate 0 opacity. But we can continue the debate if desired. :)

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha thanks Andy. I have tons of invisible actions. If I delete the default animation image, the collision shape is deleted too and the action now changes its form completely (does not respect the scale I changed it too). So I actually do need the image to make it appear on the screen like I want to. But obviously I need to have it with 0 opacity. There is no way to set a collision shape if the image is gone. If you open the same bbdoc in BB2 then you are unable to see the actions and it is impossible to work with those and move them around. So yeah, I really would like this feature back and I'm sure @Phill Mason was talking about the same (?)

Phill Mason likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, Phill was talking mostly about opacity and how the objects behave, and you are talking mostly about actions, if I am understanding correctly. I guess technically that it does not matter.

The only solution I see here is maybe to have some toggle for this... will have to think about this. But there are several things you can do to keep working.

1) Turn on connections mode, you will be able to see and select each action by this connection point...
    2) Turn on debug and you can see each action by it's collision shape, this is probably the best option I would guess.

Christoph likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, mine are all actions for triggering different things. I keep working on it, that's for sure, I just put the opacity back to 1 in the mean time, but since I have really a lot of actions it's kind of annoying and when exporting to the device I always like to set them back to 0. It's working like that but not really necessary and in the end additional work which doesn't make much sense. Much more because it already was setup really great in BB 1.3.6 and it was so nice to work with it when it automatically changed into the orange placeholder. Which in my opinion was really the best solution for it. Why do you think it needs a toggle? I can't follow the logic why it would be better to have it disappear completely in the world editor when opacity is set to 0...

Phill Mason likes this.
  5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK, points taken... I actually think I may know why it's happening... but I need to dig into this a little deeper.

Christoph likes this.
  6. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Yes, @Christoph, @Andy, I too am also using both objects and actions to move stuff around and trigger audio etc, so using a transparent image in the editor was ideal for me in the older versions as I could easily find using the handy orange box, plus it was named too. Can we have that back please, so much easier to edit, like Chris said, because using debug mode places too much red on the screen to be of any use when working with intricate scene where you may have somewhere around 10 images stacked close together.

Christoph likes this.
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK, cool, thanks for the additional perspective, it's helpful in deciding exactly what to do.