Make a character drop something.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by iAttemptToMakeGames, Jun 24, 2016.

1. iAttemptToMakeGames

iAttemptToMakeGames Boxer

Is there a way i can make my character drop a object when you tap the screen? Also can that object collect points when dropped?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

shoot a bullet with a very lazy trajectory... that would look like dropping something... search the forums and watch tuts to find info on shooting...

as far as that bullet collecting points... maybe @Christoph has had the closest solution but I can't get it to be consistent for me...

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Me? I never dropped bullets :confused: Or did I?

Just thinking out loud:
    Why don't you put as a bullet an action? Or actually you could put both: an action as big as the screen so you collect your point, and a physics object that does what you want it to. So you drop the physics object and the action at the same time and have what you want. Not sure if it is possible but it should work...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. heathclose

You had the idea of copying and pasting a coin action into the death animation of an enemy, and that works... Kinda... It has some weirdness that I haven't hashed out yet...

5. carlosabreu1981

carlosabreu1981 Boxer

did you figure it out ?

6. iAttemptToMakeGames

iAttemptToMakeGames Boxer

I haven't bothered to try because the game I was about to make already exists :(

7. heathclose

change it up, make it better, just make sure it's different

8. SuperVudu

SuperVudu Boxer

Hey Heath, I've copy and pasted a coin action into the defeated animation of my enemy and it looks great. In my opinion, it looks better than hiding a coin underneath and more importantly, it's way easier/faster than hiding a bunch of coins underneath each enemy in the scene. BUT the coin is being counted as two when it comes from a defeated enemy now for some reason and I've double checked all the rewarded coin amounts on all my actions. I've really tried to look closely at what might be causing this. Also, the powerup magnet doesn't work on dropped coins from a defeated animation, it only sucks up coins and powerups that are actually in the scene. Have you messed around with this at all? Have you ever had this happen to you? Should I just hide my coins underneath the enemy since I know that works? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  9. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

It's very stupid. Cause if you make the game like the basketball preset you can not change player and do some basic things. So try to find a way to drop the real player.