Character Controls Not Working in World 02

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Phill Mason, May 31, 2016.

1. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I have a tap to move and let go to stop game I'm working on and all works perfectly in World 01. I have 4 short scenes and a logic piece is watching for the amount of coins I collect. Once I've collected the amount of coins, I jump to World 02 to begin those scenes.

Problem is, when I arrive in World 02, the character will not move.

I copied World 01 and adjusted the scenes within it to make World 02 and I also copied UI 1 to make UI 2. The only change here, was a different amount of coins to collect.

Any ideas as to why my character would halt in World 02?

2. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

Phill Mason likes this.
  3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Thanks @shlomyone, I did read that thread before posting my issue as it didn't feel like the same thing, although on a second read, I reckon I can pick the nuts and bolts out of it to make it work for me. I did originally try and create another buttons in World 02 and add 2 x more adv moves for the character and it worked great in world 2, but then when I went back to World 01, it was all to cock and that wouldn't work.

I'm going to start again from scratch and see if i can incorporate what you and @viking have been discussing in the thread you linked me to, cheers.