Buildbox 3.0 Video Update

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by ZackGriset, Jan 19, 2018.

1. BlackBrickStudios

BlackBrickStudios Boxer

I think people that have bought the master collection can already access the early version, if you see here: https://go.buildbox.com/master-collection/
    And for normal $99 per month buildbox subscribers I think it might be around summer time, maybe July / august. Although I am not too sure.

2. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Next up will be Alpha 2 for MC customers, then we'll do Beta 1 as the next release for subscribers. Probably at the indie level and above (we're testing pricing plans right now). Alpha 2 is not far away, it got delayed for some crashing issues, but Nik almost has it figured out.

Wapps1 and BlackBrickStudios like this.
  3. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

We're still shooting for final release by end of summer, but time moves fast and development moves slow. So we will see ;)

Wapps1 and BlackBrickStudios like this.
  4. rjp996tt

rjp996tt Boxer

What type of games can we create with BB3? Will be able to create adventure games with Inventory, RTS, etc?

Thanks - Russell

5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Crack the whip @TreySmith I hope Nik hasn't been sleeping more than 3 hours per night!!

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I think i seen trey mention summer. or before summer if possible.

7. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Guys i ain't been funny here and probably most are thinking it especially MC2 purchasers like.myself but you are about to release a bruce lee game using bb3 to ketchup/voodoo, so if it good enough to produce a game like this already why isn't it good enough to release to.us and or beta so everyone can test use and publish

8. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

We need a beta out to normal customers!

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Bruce Lee was started a LONG time ago, long before BB3. It's mostly a Frankenstein version of BB2 with some experimental features that have since been completely re-written for BB2 and/or BB3.

brakewind723 likes this.
  10. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

I ha e to say I struggled so hard to try and purchase BB2 straight out to get access to BB3 beta and couldn’t afford the one week to purchase short time line...and to see that it still hasn’t been released really pushes it home...your push was to early to tray and get so many sales. Luckily I’m not one of them. Ever heard of the 3 trust busters rule? This is number 1 in my book. It’s not that beta hasn’t been released...if it has to wait it has to wait...it’s that I recall there was NO indication beta was not going to be held back so long for those purchasers.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    wesam_badr likes this.
  11. Koshinto

Koshinto Boxer

I haven't been able to find a clear black and white answer to the following, does anyone know?

1. The price of BB3 or those of us without the master collection.
    2. Will there be a single price for the BB3 component itself or everyone will need to purchase the master collection?
    3. Is the multiplayer in BB3 for mobile games or only for the indie game reach that Buildbox is exploring? i.e. PC and Console multiplayer games that made using the software?

Thanks in advance!

12. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Then why not say that from the beginning? Leadership should have known how this would be received.