Buildbox 3.0.0.2382 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

With Steam you have to pay 100 usd a game to get it published on steam that is how steam works now.

I am sure you will get your support for things back when the finally release come out of BB3.

2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

$100 per Steam game published? Really?

3. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

you get the 100 bucks back when your game makes more than 1000 bucks in sales..

4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Are you familiar with the whole submission process to Steam, have you done it yourself?

5. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

I know what I am meant to do with the submission process on steam but I haven't really got a game that is built for a PC to really be submitted to test this out and I have to really want to have a game on steam to wanna pay 100 bucks to have it up there.

I am close to an updated platformer game I have called Raiders to port it to windows and mac os on steam I am just waiting for BB3 to be official.

6. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

That's cool man. Can you throw few of the steps to submit on Steam?

By the way, when BB3 will be officially out? I thought it was going to be at the month of January... and we are very close to February now - just few more days out.

7. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

I would also like to know when the release is, a long with release of 2.3.8. Also. I have developments no 4 months awaiting update. Or at least been able to full.port over from bb2 to 3 .so i. And develop the remaining scripts to get it to do what i want

8. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

I was getting a full redevelop done from bb2 projects to bb3 but Nick was saying they are developing tools to make it easy to convert projects over rather than redevelop which will save time.

9. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Yep rhatsvsuppose to be completed on the January release i know there is a few days left ho0efully it be with us in the next week, so fed of playing the waiting game. Things to do, things to finish so glad this isn't my likelihood otherwise I would be going mental, that's not to say it ain't others

10. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

Mostly BB2 projects will be compatible with BB3 in the next release. It is exciting to enable you guys to take what you have to the next level.

11. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

But when will it be released @TreySmith The delay we are fine with but the lack of communication from the team on when we can expect it is a bit annoying considering that lots of developers are running a business and need to know these dates so we can plan

spicedbeangames likes this.
  12. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Don't expect anything to change. This has been the pattern of BB from day 1, no matter how much customers complain about lack of communication and broken promises it all falls on death ears. It's either deal with it or move on!

PLASSA and Reverse Studios like this.
  13. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Hard to move on when you have 3k in it

14. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I wouldnt panic too much. Yes its frustrating but they always follow through and in most cases, smash expectations.

Codifie likes this.
  15. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

While it is unfortunate that the release date was delayed, it was however for a very good reason that only benefits all of our customers. It's frustrating to wait for it to be released and we understand that but we also want you to be able to gain so many benefits from using our product

16. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

It's deeper than just a delayed release date.

micdune and spicedbeangames like this.
  17. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Like most, I am not happy with the delay.

However, I am so tired of the BB3 bugs that I have stopped using it for awhile now, so I would rather see a delay and have something less buggy than the type of product we've been seeing. In fairness, the releases have been Beta, and bugs are expected. But most have become aware that the time spent and dealing with the BB3 issues bring you to a grinding stop when you need features that have just not been implemented. Again, it's a Beta, so shame on anyone who put all of their bullets in one gun.

Many of us tried to state some obvious facts several months ago and we were told repeatedly that the final release would in fact be ready in December. We were told to chill out and wait and see. We did, look what it got us. But again, I try to remain patient and have moved on with other projects. Nobody wants to hear "I told you so", but a lesson should have been learned. Sometimes angry customers have a right to be angry and when told everything is on schedule only to find it is not probably isn't the best way to treat a loyal base.

The Beta has allowed people to become familiar and ready themselves for what's to come. That is the upside. There are a lot of downsides to the way this whole thing went down in the community, but that is a long story that nobody wants to hear again.

My biggest concern is the implementation of 2D. I think this opens up another can of worms before the 3D is stable and fully featured. In my opinion it should have waited for 2d implementation until the 3D version was solid and able to perform with the missing features it currently has. Now instead of just dealing with 3D bugs the BB team will be dealing with 2D and 3D bugs and trying to implement the features required for both. Doesn't seem to be very logical. But the BB team has continued to mystify me and surprise me, decisions that I don't think are logical usually become fruitful, and successful.

I agree with Spicedbeangames, the BB team does smash expectations once they get a solid release and again, I remain patient and hoping that this next release will have the promised features that were hyped, advertised, and mentioned in these forums by the BB Team leadership.

I'm sure the final product will be great, just wish all of this would have been handled differently. I don't want to appear to be bashing, just voicing my opinion in hopefully a constructive way and continue to keep my fingers crossed that this all with come to a positive successful end soon.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    steve, andre_sprs and spicedbeangames like this.
  18. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I agree with @Codifie - how easy it will be for us to get advertising working without the need for all these hacks right now, plus and this is the big one - if publishers can add their PSDKs - either in one click, or if the BB team publish either a video or guide how to do this. If this isn't possible, the majority of publishers probably won't touch BB games, and that would be very sad.

I think adding 2d will be easier and bring many more features and functions(probably easier said than done! lol). Then the big one - communication really must improve, as much some of the tutorials. We're crying out how to get advertising working and a video is released reviewing games on the YT channel. /facepalm

So lets see a huge improvement as you race to the finish line.

19. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko @ZackGriset Urgent update from Google Play for new apps submitted to the console:

Method or OAuth Scope Calls used by latest Buildbox 2.3.7 when exporting to Google Play (Android):
    plus.me, plus.profile.language.read, plus.profile.agerange.read, plus.people.get

All of this is affected due to Google+ shutdown.

@NikRudenko please consider this change for BB3 and BB 2.3.8 updates - there's deadline for updating existing games for this matter!

More info here: https://developers.google.com/+/integrations-shutdown

Thank you!
    Itzo

20. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Everything was on Schedule. The only reason it was delayed was because we figured out that we could make it better and allow customers to update their old projects into the new system. This means that your hard work from your already released games is not lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.