Buildbox 2.3.6 Official Release

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jun 14, 2018.

1. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

You spoke my mind

adrogdesigns likes this.
  2. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Christoph agree with you mate, BB 3 is an amazing advanced tool, for everyone who wants to step out of their limit zone but at the same time would certainly say that it is pre- hyped for everyone. It has already lust within the nerves and mind of all the boxers out here but until it’s completed at it’s full stage, very hard to ship cool and polished games to AppStore. But meantime I would also say that somewhere in mind, audience out there obviously is getting attracted towards 3D games and it’s natural, it happens. No doubt game should be fun no matter built as 2D or 3D but we really need to take off with 3D, I personally believe ads functionality must be there in 3D for coming update. I am not opposing the rest of the functionalities but I swear can anyone imagine here creating a game and releasing without ads? It’s very hard to have more patience literally. As far as 2D is concerned, yes still there are many explosive things missing bud , overall a big fan of BB software. Cheers

3. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

You seriously think bb3 will be better than unity and playmaker?
    A monster!!!!!
    Dam

volcank likes this.
  4. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

A huge thing is action buttons not working. Created a game in the prior version with a slide action, and it no longer works in the latest BB2 version.

I've heard many reports of this.

Also, the loading bar constantly gets hidden behind the the background on the start UI.

These are just two things off the top of my head. I'm sure many many bugs have been reported. And I'd hope they were documented, so shouldn't you be able to simply look there to find the issues that we're alluding too? Also, many of these issues have been posted in this very thread.

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Not in terms of making better games of course but in terms of speed game creation and publishing to appstore monetization and everything.And in casual game industry yes it can.

bmsingha and adrogdesigns like this.
  6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Yeah this is like a monster without hair or skin, just a solid skelet. How the hell can you release games that crash if you have no way of fixing those crashes without actual coding it? We need that node options on 2d and a some bug fixes. Here is my thought about 3d version of buildbox:

1. If they release android support and ads support on 3d and you create a game that crash more often guess with what will be filled this forum? (small hint, spam of crash reports and customers crying for better support)
    2. If they add Nodes and some bug fixes on 2d version than a hole new universe opens for 2d games, imagine a game where you can control everything from score to AI to dash, multiple wall jumps etc. I know this is 2d and "2d is dead" and I know this tool is for "casual hyper games" but being able to control a specific thing (object, door, enemy etc) or to create a boss with multiple phases is what BB2 needs right now. (at least in my opinion)
    Focus on those who pay for a subscription not on those who paid once and have all the things in the world early on before anyone else.

What do you guys think?

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

@NikRudenko Can you please remove the “Cancel” option from the “Not enough currency” AlertView?

Also, not a huge problem, but points in the Animation Timeline can be moved past the “0” frame making them inaccessible.

Thanks.

8. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

You got it. Will do that

9. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko Can you please add an action type that allows us to control (increase/decrease) the "timeout" value from the Event Observer?

Thanks!