Buildbox 2.3.6 Official Release

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Nesting actions within Objects is crucial. I think I use it in every game.

swiftcurrent likes this.
  2. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Exactly, nesting actions are one of the more advanced buildbox feature.

All of my games are based on this, without it we can't really do much. we are limited to picking up actions and thats no fun

If you want to slow down time after killing enemy: Spawn object with nested action od enemy death
    You Want to give points or coins for killing enemy : Spawn object with nested action od enemy death
    And the list goes on and on

This is truly crucial and we need this

And if we are talking about it already, it would be awesome so we can just add action in animation window, exactly like other objects or effects from the menu on the left :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Yep, I use it in everyone as well and I am not super pleased that I chose to download this update. I assumed it had been tested. Shame on me!

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I'm not suggesting we won't support nesting of actions, I was simply looking for information to help me identify what the real issue is here. Let me digest the feedback provided and do a bit of research. These are VERY complicated interactions, so I can't answer quickly about what is or isn't going on.

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I replied via our support system just after you sent it originally, I'll resend using regular mail, looks like it didn't get through.

6. JoaoPolido

JoaoPolido Boxer

Stevinz is right!

I have exactly some issues with the advanced move /component action buttons.
    In previous BB version it worked fine, but not its behaving erratically, does not make sense the actions - as I intended initially.

Luckily, I found the old 2.3.5 BB install and I remove the new 2.3.6 - reverted back to 2.3.5 version and ITS ALL FINE NOW!

I will email support the BBDOC where the issues can be seen (actions/advanced move/component actions) behaving differently in the different BB packages.

Joao --

stevinz likes this.
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Guys, I've created a BBDOC that loads in both 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 with a simple action nested inside an object. I've not seen any change in behavior. Please help me out as I'm not able to see any difference with nesting an action inside an object. I'd love to get my hands on a BBDOC that exhibits good behavior in 2.3.5 and now bad behavior in 2.3.6.

https://buildbox.box.com/s/p8ph90cg9r2ejrhtdrdzf30rrjxwj9g1

8. JoaoPolido

JoaoPolido Boxer

Thanks Andy, I have sent last night a BBDOC highlighting the different behaviors in 2.3.5 and 2.3.6--
    I have sent it to "support at buildbox.com"

9. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I just put your file through a bunch of tests using some features that were working in my past games and caused me to do a lot of fixing after updating and in your file everything worked just as it did in 2.3.5.
    So now I am really confused on what is going on.
    Appreciate your efforts Andy!

10. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Good points about this version:
    • Faster saving and loading (i felt it was faster)
    • less crashes from the software itself
    • heard Christoph and Aaro Arts mention it and it's confirmed. You can duplicate objects and actions the same way you duplicate characters from the left pane of Buildbox. Click on an object in the left panel and click D.
    • since updating my games with this version, crash rate for Android is at an all-time low

Hue Buildbox and adrogdesigns like this.
  11. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

If you link something and then unlink and copy that first object it will copy with previously linked object

12. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Bug/Error with Saving with objects in folder.....
    Saving with Folders - I'll make a folder, put checkpoints in the folder save the bbdoc and then when I reopen the bbdoc the changes that I made were not saved. I've labeled the folder, moved it around and saved multiple times. I have many scenes that I've created with folders and some of the folders have saved in the scene while a pretty duplicated scene with the same stuff did not safe. Not sure if it's random or what.

13. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

If Active Connection mode is on and you press Option (mac) it turns off Active Connection mode.
    I don't believe this was the case before...

14. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi @Xoctrebla, pretty sure this has always been part of BB. I mentioned this to @Andy many versions back as a cool shortcut I use all the time for making quick connections. I actually prefer using "ALT" key on the Mac, rather than going to the top of the screen to turn on the Active Connection button. It's really handy when you need to move/tweak the position of a few connected objects - Hold ALT - realign objects, let go of ALT and move all objects as one, quick and simple.

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Anyone with problems for video rewards?

I opened an old project in 2.3.6 and everything was working (revive and coin doubler). I changed then the option 'one time purchase' to 'per game purchase' and from 'Heyzap' to 'Custom'. Then they completely stopped to work. I changed it now again back to the old settings but I have the exact same problem.

The button is there, the sound FX is triggered. But the action isn't triggered anymore.

Any idea @Andy why this is happening?

Edit: actually 'In Game Currency' and 'Free' are working. But Video Rewards are not. This happens with old buttons and completely new buttons.

Can anyone confirm?

Edit 2: @Andy I just tested more and it's actually the Ad network 'custom' that is NOT working.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  16. Miko Buildbox

Miko Buildbox Moderator Staff Member

@Christoph We are investigating this one and we'll let you know, once we know more about this issue :)

Lamora likes this.
  17. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

Corgi dog in avatar ? you got my like ! :)

Miko Buildbox likes this.
  18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok, we got it working with Appodeal. The problem here seems to be that when you put a video reward to custom, then it just stops to work altogether in preview. It would be great if the behavior is the same as with Heyzap so you can simulate the video reward and trigger the associated action. For example a restart checkpoint action or extra coins. Hope this can be fixed in the next release.

Then I have another request that has to do with this release:
    screenOnEnter and screenOnExit for Android.

I kinda hoped that with this new API and all the fuzz about GDPR we would get this feature as well for Android. @Andy, you actually mentioned that you were looking at it when we spoke about GDPR in this forum. You said that we could resolve it with screenOnEnter and screenOnExit the same way as we do with Game Analytics. But as said in this other thread, this is only for iOS.

I mistakenly thought it was part of the new API solution, but I see that this has been resolved otherwise (and in a very good way) but unfortunately the screenOnEnter and screenOnExit hasn't been taken care of which makes the implementation of customization on Android almost impossible, hence adding in the settings a GDPR button is probably not possible at all.

Edit: oh and I completely missed that, it seems there is no PTPScoreController.java either???

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  19. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Would this work for your needs?
    http://ezelia.com/2016/buildbox-hook-android-ios

Christoph likes this.
  20. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Apparently, Session Points Event Observer has broken between 2.3.6.2155 and 2.3.6.2172.
    They work fine on 2.3.6.2155, but the Event is no longer caught in 2.3.6.2172.

Collin Wade Thiessen and Kevin W like this.