Buildbox 2.3.1

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I expect just a few days. We are testing it now, but I can't give you an exact day, it depends on what our testing reveals. There are a couple things that I delayed it for already.

Lamora and AndyG like this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another bug @Andy :

[​IMG]

When you make a negative scale to invert the image and collision shape, as soon as you move the object it changes the negative x axis scale to a negative y-axis scale and rotates the object 180 degree. This messes heavily with collision shapes and connections as well.

jcalle likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Christoph I'm not saying this is the way it should be (still looking into it, I don't know the exact reason why it does this) but, the changing values are equivalent. Setting -1 scale in X is the same thing as -1 scale in Y + 180 rotation (you probably realize this though).

I'm not seeing any issue regarding collision shape or connections. I've tried several combinations. Can you elaborate on what the issues are?

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I was sure I had something not working with this setup related to connections and collision shape, but now when I try to reproduce it I can't find it anymore... :)

One thing for sure is when you spawn objects with linear movement within a flipped enemy in - lets say - the death animation, then they move in the opposite direction because of the rotation.

I'll post again when I come across the connection problem again haha.

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Here's another one @Andy with connection mode (independent of the previous one):

[​IMG]

Basically when you connect 2 (or more) objects once, the copy input (in this case 'W') thinks they still are connected even if you have already separated them.

ZackGriset likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

That's an interesting one. Thanks, will check it out!

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Actually, the bug mentioned before @Andy with the automatic rotation and switch between X and Y axis of the scale if you put a negative value to the X-axis scale can result in unwanted behavior with a much 'simpler' setup:
    [​IMG]

Basically as soon as you use linear movement related to this specific object, it inverts everything because of the automatic rotation applied. Not good at all. :)

Edit: the pass through feature obviously gets upside down as well because of the 180 degree rotation. Basically it sets it all upside down because of it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Qdeveloper and swiftcurrent like this.
  8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Question @Andy: is Taking Damage Sound working? I can't set it up but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I give infinite Health to an enemy and put a Taking Damage Sound to the Health component. I also put damage to the character... what am I missing?

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok, definitely a bug, I can make the 'Taking Damage Anim.' working with the same setup but the 'Taking Damage Sound' doesn't sound. Sometimes it does when you have an animation added, but maybe 1 in 10 times, mostly only the first time. Without a Animation it doesn't sound at all... please fix as well as soon as possible.

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Looks like the sound is connected to the animation. I'll put in a change for that. I'm not seeing instances where the sound does not play if there is an animation attached. I tried both the character and enemy taking damage functions.

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

hmmm that's definitely weird, because here it doesn't sound most of the time... can somebody else check and report back?

12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Do you have damage delay set? That makes the character (or enemy) invincible to damage for X amount of time after taking initial damage.

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Isn't damage delay the delay in time (seconds) that it takes to show the damage animation or sound? I mean I hit an enemy with my character, then it gets hurt, but the animation shows up after X seconds? I was pretty sure it worked that way. But anyway, I just tried with damage delay of 1 and it doesn't change anything... there must be something more to it.

14. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

No, should be what I stated. Use a damage delay of 0 (the default) to check that the sound (and animation) plays every time. If the objects stay in contact it will take continuous damage using the delay of 0.

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

hmmm that's my setup:

[​IMG]

but it doesn't matter what I put I never hear a sound.

Edit: ok, @Andy, I think I found the culprit or real bug. If the enemy object is added to the character as an advanced move with collision, then the sound doesn't work anymore. The animation still does. I tried all this time with a wall that is set up like that. I tried now with another object and the same setup works like you say.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Can you send me a BBDOC example of the exact setup you are using? We will check and make sure the animation and sound fire in unison.

17. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Hello.

If anyone is having problems with Action Buttons and their Timers in 2.3.1+, be sure to drop in a new Action and try that for Reward Buttons etc.
    My Button was refreshing by itself, ignoring the Timer, when linked to an Action created in 2.3.0.

Also, @Andy, is anything going to be done about the Label that comes with an Action Button?

It would be really nice if the Label adopted the Buttons Animations.
    For example my Action Button fades in nicely with the rest of the Scene, but the Label/Timer is visible as soon as the UI loads, so appears before the button!

Thanks.

18. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

Would love to see this one fixed. Same thing happens to character unlock or multiple unlock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.