Buildbox 2.3.1

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, I use Shift+arrow keys. I think it happens with only arrow keys as well.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The connections themselves are not multi-selectable. This scenario should never happen. So it will be fixed.

3. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I just to know at least a estime for a update. 2, 3, 4 days? We are in a LIMBO without know nothing. :(

4. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

No not yet was 31st of December 17 but has been put back to the end of this month one assumes so they can get the majority of 2.3 bugs solved whilst working on 3,0 ready for release

5. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

This constant connection to the server is very annoying i don't see why the software needs to call home constantly, i work in a country where the connection is some what very broken, and it is constantly jumping out spending 8hrs on a plane each way is quality time for buildbox and i cannot even use it, why don't they say get it to call home when you start and when you close a bit like how C3 works, i know that they are scared for security and copyright but it calling home or not isn't going to stop piracy if anything it makes easier probably as it is probably one of its vulnerabilities.

Maylock and Jackazoid like this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Andy...

Another bug:
    Multiple Character Selector is missing the 'Stick To Edge' function, therefore it never adjusts to the different devices.

Another bug:
    Actions: When you drag a PNG into Buildbox and select 'Action' it creates the action. Even though it says there is 'None' in the Action Type, the 'Gameplay' Settings appear and like always take the default settings from the world and the character. Now you change it to lets say 'Coin' and after that you change some settings for the characters world or physics. Example you change jump vertical from 50 to 100. When the character takes the coin in the game, the gameplay settings it had when creating the action still applies underneath and take effect for the duration of the coin animation. Basically, it is wrong that when you import an action it opens the gameplay action settings. Hope I could explain that clear enough.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  7. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Buildbox become a mess, Christoph, you are making a great effort trying to show existing bugs / I Think they should just release bb 3.0 and forget about 2.3 as it's not interesting at all to waste time on it and it doesn't have this great features I am still working with 2.2.9

icatt23 likes this.
  8. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

What?? Man that is lame. You paid all that and you can't even use 3.0 yet. So how is Animation, Voxel, Pixel, or, a better name, Bloated Box. How is Bloated Box going?

adrogdesigns likes this.
  9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Buildbox 3.0 still won't be usable for production in a long time. When 'released' to the MC users it will be in beta or probably more alpha which means there are a looooooot of bugs and a lot of features not working or disabled. So I really think there is no hurry in it.

Buildbox 2.3 on the other hand is used on a daily basis for real production, so this is definitely not a waste of time but a real need by a lot of boxers. Yes, we might have stayed with 2.2.9 and probably should have done that. But I started to use it for two of my projects and there is no going back in these two cases. I also know that if nobody uses 2.3.x then the bugs never won't get fixed. That's why I'm trying to make as well an effort and once the bugs are fixed we hopefully have at the end a final 2.x version that is 99% bug free and can be used until Buildbox 3 is ready for production. As I said earlier, I don't think this will happen before mid 2019 or maybe even 2020. So in my opinion, Buildbox 2 should get the entire focus from the developers right now. If I stay with Buildbox through 2018 then I definitely need this and if not, at least all other boxers who stay will enjoy Buildbox much more.

When MC customers purchased the Collection they mainly acquired Buildbox 2 and the additional programs. Buildbox 3 is 'only' an addition so the price was much more justifiable knowing that you will have a program that will work for the next 3-5 years. Work now with Buildbox 2 and when Buildbox 3 is ready you won't have to pay any upgrade price. So I don't think it is lame either. Having to wait for a working Buildbox 2 instead is more than lame. :p

10. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

@Christoph .. Yes! Having to wait for a working BB 2.3 is pretty lame. The big hype in the Live Event was that if you acquired BloatBox 2.0 then in under a month you got access to BugBox 3.0.

@driller2017 Keep us updated on 3.0 when you finally get early access.

11. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I doubt the next version 2.3.X is without any bug. Just this week there is already a huge list of new bugs listed by our friends in the group. If he puts together all the complaints this week to put in the new version we will only have a new version in 6 months or more and I'm very sad about it. I think we'll be using Buildbox 2.2.9 all year round from 2018. When i aks about a release date i just receive the same answer : Matter days, couple days, next week...... :(

12. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I think that Buildbox team shoud get bugs list every week here and release a fix in the next week.

Christoph likes this.
  13. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

Yeah i know hopefully for the greater good, somebody did have a point way back in the forums that it is new users that are going to use it so the bugs are not going to be reported efficiently we will see. as for bloat box the additional software is good though is suspect that there is free versions that could do just as well, so for me in order of practical use is soundbox, animationbox, pixelbox, voxelbox, Soundbox is so easy to use and is so versatile by far the best piece, Animationbox is also a very good addition though i suspect that i am not using to its full potential but every day is a school day and i did make a half animation of a character with it, within an hr. Pixelbox box well really its for backgrounds and UI and no doubt it could do more if i played around with it a bit more. Voxel box i have opened up looked and it worked closed again, but for anyone into Voxels it probably would suit them perfectly, i at get round to it some day but as i work full time, i don't have much of it to spare so along with BB2.3 they are worthy additions and the best thing there isn't any compatibility issues, what would have been good if they could have rolled it into BB so you can create and instantly drag them in on the fly. all in one package maybe for the future

Maylock and Christoph like this.
  14. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

@icatt23 Yes i will looking forward to it to be honest after all the main reason why i parted with cash was for BB3.0. maybe a game changer excuse the pun

icatt23 likes this.
  15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

So... Daily Rewards don't work in 2.3.1!!!

Even with Unlimited Use unticked, Max Refill =1, Refill Timeout =1440 and Refill At Start unticked, the Action resets every time you you get back to the UI, making it impossible to have a timed Action/Daily Reward!

Just spent the last few hours updating an old game for iPhone X and now have a broken Daily Reward.
    PLEASE address this @Andy and include this along with the iOS Screen Capture Fix in the next update.

Update:
    Upon further inspection, it looks as though the button keeps the time, but allows you to push it again to collect the points over and over... but will go back to the correct time after you've pressed it...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Christoph likes this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is not a bug, but it would be nice, now that we have iPhone X available that the distribution of UI elements in the Y axis (vertical) are made in proportion of percentage. So when you design your UI in iPhone 5 ratio that all elements get distributed balanced and not like now that the ones at the top go up to the top and the ones at the bottom go down to the bottom and the ones in the middle stay in the middle. It looks very bad design wise because your menu design gets basically ripped apart. And iPhone X resolution and ratio is here to stay so I think it's very important to have it treated as it deserves. :)

icatt23 and AaroArts like this.
  17. Wapps1

Wapps1 Avid Boxer

Attention!!! Android Studio and BB 2.3.1

When you use inApp Purchase with BB 2.3.1 you have to add this code the Manifest otherwise it doesn't work!!

<uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" />

At the bottom of the manifest file there are some permissions, i think BB has forgotten to add also this line.

Otherwise you can't add inApp Purchase

@Andy

18. icatt23

icatt23 Boxer

That is good news. I can see the potential for Soundbox and Animationbox and that they can become very useful and can save time. Thanks for the feedback on those.

19. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

FYI, this is included with the release we are testing now.

Wapps1 likes this.
  20. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Cool.
    When is the next update expected to be released?
    Will it address the Screen Capture bug and Action Button timers bug?

I just sent over the example showing that Action Timers aren't working, that support requested.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.