The Buildbox Team / Company As A Game Publisher For Their Customers

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by DrWho, Aug 30, 2018.

1. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Shadows was a killer game. I tested that one like crazy. Loved it. We might be back with publishing at some point. We just won't do it unless we are sure we can give you guys everything you need and more.

DrWho, Bllaaa, bmsingha and 2 others like this.
  2. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

That would be totally awesome Trey!! I personally would rather go through your company with my game submissions rather than go through anyone else! I would feel more comfortable and relaxed about it. I hope you and your company can make this happen sometime soon though. God bless man!

bmsingha and TreySmith like this.
  3. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

@DrWho I believe you can join Buildbox's Elite program where BB team works as an 'agent' between game devs and publishers. It's a kind of investement but if you've got good game idea+design, some money and are willing to work hard to polish it then it might be worth joining it.

DrWho and Bllaaa like this.
  4. Bllaaa

Bllaaa Boxer

Being a publisher is not a really easy task. A publisher needs good contact and relationship with press people. It's really time-consuming.
    Accounting is also very heavy. You have to create a new enterprise with other object and to separate the accounting to protect your business. Being publisher needs a lot of financial resources. You have to buy adds placement, to negotiate with influencing people and often to find investments.
    For someone who never did that before it's a bit complicated and risky.

Nevertheless, I hope Buildbox become a real publisher it will be great :):):):)

DrWho likes this.
  5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Yes agreed, Shadows was a lovely piece of art, for the first time we used shadows and it looked so admirable, the lovely chilled soundtrack and amazing unique levels made it possible a strong feature. But yes, if buildbox again starts this sort of publishing department, surely it will hit down the super casual games market :), not waiting to get some really huuuge whooping amounts like other publishers give but even if BB games starts getting featured through buildbox and start getting self reliable regular income, it will get a strong lime light and BB 3D will rule over coming time, faster and reliable

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    DrWho likes this.
  6. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

Indeed! ;)