The Buildbox Team / Company As A Game Publisher For Their Customers

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by DrWho, Aug 30, 2018.

1. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

Here's a Good Idea for thought... Why doesn't The BuildBox Team also become a publisher themselves since they have excellent marketing capabilities? They have a huge user/customer base using their software and such.. Why not take game submissions from their existing and new customers alike and help them in the process of getting their games ready and polished for release onto there own publishing platform? The BuildBox Team could actually build/develop an option right within the software of BuildBox so a user/customer could select/click on a button and submit their finished game to The BuildBox Team for review to be published with them. I think that would be an excellent idea personally..

Kingceiro and NikRudenko like this.
  2. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

I 2nd that !!!

DrWho likes this.
  3. ramjetsy7

ramjetsy7 Boxer

I think they've either tried it or considered it in the past. I've seen it mentioned a few times in various bb webinars and yt videos. Either nothing's come of it, or they're still planning app store domination!

4. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

I definitely think though it would be a great idea. At least their customers would have the comfort and ease of mind knowing that they could trust them as a game publisher which is what most game developers are always looking for in a publisher.

ramjetsy7 likes this.
  5. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

I like this idea, and I'm sure Trey would make it an easy seamless process.

DrWho likes this.
  6. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

This would be really cool if Trey Smith made this happen. It would be great for all of us developers here! ;)

7. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I think you'll need to clone Trey first! ;)

8. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

Find me a replicator and I'll get started then.. :)

9. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

There are some in China I believe :D

10. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

I wonder how often Trey Smith or Nik comes to the forums here and actually views these threads and posts?

NikRudenko likes this.
  11. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

They tried that already and decided to close it down

12. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

When? I never heard of the BuildBox Team doing anything like this at all..?! Why would they close something like this down when as a publisher they could gain so much in returns? Look just how big companies like Ketchapp & Voodoo are and how they are crushing it on the app stores in huge revenues!!! Plus, not to mention that the BuildBox team has a huge following here with their user/customer base in question. I still think it is a very good idea for them to do so in addition also to all there customers that would feel at ease and have complete trust in them with their game submissions to boot! Please post a link to any forum or blogs or articles showing where Team BuildBox has discussed this and decided to shut this down as you say!

13. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Correct, They tried this and it didn't go as planned so they shut it down. They were betting on getting Apple features which didn't pan out.

14. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

What Apple features? Can you post a link to this information @andre_sprs ... I would like to read up on this!

15. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

This was a few years ago in the forum. Trey also talked about this I believe in the publisher elite course and probably on youtube.
    You can try searching the forum for those posts

16. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

17. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

Great idea!!!

DrWho likes this.
  18. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

TreySmith - Quote:
    According to Trey Smith's quote from above the only reason he decided to put the idea on hold was during that time frame to concentrate on their core product's development. And after some time has passed and a proven track record has been established it will be re-opened again. So the facts are that Trey Smith hasn't ditched and put an end to the idea of publishing games for their customers and also being a publisher themselves.. Trey's company at that time just needed to focus on their development of their core products which was of the top priority during that time. But now that has been done, this idea I'm sure is still part of Trey's future plans to do and be a major publisher as well! Just read carefully what he said in his quote and you will clearly see that he hasn't trashed this idea at all! so it's still on...

19. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Interesting thread, it really forces me to quote as well;). Well, we were the first BB developers to get featured by apple through Trey and Aaron at time made it possible for us. Shadows was the game and it got cool massive downloads within a feature week and as a result things started moving, later on other games like shape escape, Darthy etc got featured. This happened in late September 2015

DrWho likes this.
  20. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

Thank you for your reply @bmsingha .. Your comment above goes to show and prove that Team BuildBox really does need to re-open this idea again and pursue it to completion! And your comment proves just that with how things went with your games and the others as well. I personally think and believe that if other BuildBox users/customers on here agree that Team BuildBox should re-open this idea again and make it happen for all of us that they should vote their opinions on it here! If we can get enough votes from other users/customers in this thread maybe that will get Trey Smith's attention again and reconsider re-opening it back up for us all!! So to everyone on here.. Please vote your opinion on this please! This would be awesome if this happens...;)

bmsingha likes this.