Rewarded Video Not Showing?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Starman, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

I made a few characters and set them to be unlocked with rewarded videos, I entered my Heyzap ID and exported it into android studio and onto my phone. But when I unlock the characters, no video showed up and the character unlocked... How can I fix this??:confused:

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is a new option and I think it is still not working correctly. Even the Ad Networks name is kHeyzap. Don't know what the 'k' stands for. Also, if video rewards is an option to unlock a character best would be as well if you can choose how many videos the player has to watch. This way you could specify 10 video views (or whatever amount), similar to what the developer did with Flippy Knife. Maybe @ZackGriset or @Andy knows more about this feature. But yes you are right, if there is no video available or the device is disconnected from the Internet it should be automatically blocked.

3. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

@Starman Thank you for reporting this. The way it is supposed to be working is to only unlock the character once an actual reward video was played. I'll look into this and add it to the list. The fix might not show up in this next update, but I will make sure it gets taken care of!

@Christoph Can you show me a game that has this set up please? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure this would be allowed by Apple and I want to make sure that it's okay before I try and add it to the list of feature requests. I think the easy work around for this it to have the player watch reward videos to earn more coins and then purchase the character with those coins.

Starman likes this.
  4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

@ZackGriset it actually exists in many games also in finger drift, knife hit... if that feature can be added in the next update it would be awesome

Attached Files:

Christoph likes this.
  5. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

@wesam_badr Okay awesome! Thank you for letting me know! I don't think we will be able to push this through for the next update, but we are going to try and get it into 2.3.5. I also wonder if there isn't a way to do this already with a couple lock buttons layered on top of each other.

Danlespect, Starman and AaroArts like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

It would be nice to have rewarded videos for reviving as well :)
    Do I need to integrate Heyzap SDK for video ads as well in Xcode?

AndyG likes this.
  7. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

@Starman You shouldn't need to add the the Heyzap SDK manually. Your game export should have that included and you should be good to go :)

Starman likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

Oh, thanks! :)

ZackGriset likes this.
  9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok I just tested this as well on iOS and it works as it should. When I disable the device from the Internet, I can not unlock the character. When connected to the Internet it shows the video ad and the character gets unlocked. So this seems to be a problem on Android. I mean the ad not showing could be a fill rate or geolocation problem. But it definitely shouldn't unlock the character without showing the ad. Hope this helps @ZackGriset

Starman likes this.
  10. Starman

Starman Avid Boxer

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, if you use Video Reward in any way, you always want to implement mediation. Be it from Heyzap or from Appodeal. If not, you only have ads from Heyzap themselves which has very low fill rate and very bad geolocation availability. But as said, this shouldn't have an impact on the character unlocking just by tapping on it.

Starman likes this.
  12. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Any news on adding Admob Reward videos @ZackGriset? Thanks.

13. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

@AaroArts Yes, it's still on our list and we will definitely get to it, but we've got quite a few other things that we need to jump on first. Thanks for revisiting this. I'll see if we can't move it up on the priority list for the 2.3.5 release. :)

14. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

2.3.4 incoming?

15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Ok, cool.
    This is something multiple people have been requesting for some time.

16. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

@AndyG hey! we will be taking a little bit longer on this release because we are trying to fit a lot in. We will be sure to let you know an expected release date ASAP! :)

@AaroArts Yes I totally agree, I'll see if I can't move it up a few steps on the priority list ;)

17. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

That makes me nervous!!! :confused:

18. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

Haha don't be nervous! It's going to be great, I promise :cool:

19. MitKam

MitKam Boxer

Hi @Christoph .... can the option multi-video-watch-unlock-character be done in BB 2.3.3?? if yes(a distant possibility though), it would be helpful if you could let us know how? :)