Object Presets?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Haseeb, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Haseeb

Haseeb Boxer

HI!, i recently started using buildbox and I don't know how to use all the object presets or what they mean or do. So can somebody help in explaining what the character presets...
    Patform
    Physics object
    Enemy
    Enemy bullet
    Character bullet
    Decoration
    Wheel

Thanks!

2. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Platform: Fixed static object that the player can collide with and can be used as platforms and unmovable obstacles.

Physics: Objects affected by gravity and velocity drag. Can be pushed by the character and etc.

Enemy: Fixed object that can kill you. Works good as spikes and other hazards like that.

Enemy Bullet: Basically the same as the enemy preset but doesn't have a collision enabled. Works well as bullets being fired at the player.

Character Bullet: The same as Enemy Bullet but it kills the enemies instead of the player.

Decoration: Objects with no collision or destory activated. Works well for background elements or invisible triggers in your scene.

Wheel: Physics object that functions like a wheel. Check out the motorcross preset for better detail.

If you are just starting I'd suggest familiariazing yourself with the built in presets and also tutorials on Buildbox main Youtube channel and other channels too.