How can I test out mouse controls ?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by adtn64, Oct 6, 2015.

1. adtn64

adtn64 Boxer

Hi,
    I want to test out mouse controls for a game, specifically a side scroller. If i can do this, i wont have to export the build on to a device.

Regards,
    Aditya Natarajan.

2. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

When you say mouse controls what are you referring to? Can you name the button?

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

@adtn64, if you're referring to arrows keys, joystick, jump or shoot keys, they are located/mapped out in the 'Gameplay Settings'. You can then use the keyboard and mouse to control the character. If you mean something else, please be more specific.
    Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 11.37.06.png

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. adtn64

adtn64 Boxer

So when i use a joystick i am able to use the mouse to control the character, but when i want to assign shoot to the mouse i dont get the option.

5. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi @adtn64, I can't get the shoot option to use the mouse either, so I guess this isn't an option.

I'm pretty sure the use of the mouse is for preview testing only, as you wouldn't have a mouse on any devices, apart from the Mac of course, but if you can't assign the mouse, then go for the standard space bar as shoot, so you can at least test your games functions without exporting to Xcode and a device.

I'd double check with any of the staff - @Andy, @Machine Rises or @TreySmith to see if this is something that might be on the cards in the near future, who knows :)

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Mouse clicks is the same as a touch. You need to "click" buttons that you have setup on the game field.

adtn64 likes this.