How Can I Set Difficulty Of A Scene

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by xainik, Jul 28, 2016.

1. xainik

xainik Boxer

Hello, i am new to buildbox and i have started my first game.

My game has one world with many scenes.
    I want to set the difficulty of scenes , i want to show easy senes first and slow the harder scenes comes when i have set the options to "Randomize scenes". Thankyou.

2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

While randomising scenes your "hard" and "easy" scenes will be mixed. I don't think that there is such function which categorise your scenes like you mentioned (except align scenes but in this case it is not suitable for you) . You should make scenes from easy to hard by yourself. By making easier at the beginning and then harder scenes.
    It is all that i know about this issue. If someone knows better solution please write it. I also would like to know :)

3. xainik

xainik Boxer

Align scene is not good , because every time the user will see the same levels , but in randomize there will be different scenes every time he die

4. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Yes, thats why i said it will not be suitable for you.

5. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Using randomise will make it difficult to do, if not impossible as theres no way to make it work from what I can see. Your best option is to grab a bunch of scenes to increase the difficulty level of and use the game logic/transform so when the character interacts with it(passes over it, or through it) - you can change their speed(if that's what you wanna do to make it more difficult).

Then place these scenes at the end as a 'hard mode' so once your player passes through the final randomised scene, it will go onto the tougher levels. If you look at Phases and the 'zero' end game. Look around 3 minutes in.

6. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Yes, i agree with jigglybean
    Either you will change the difficulty by making scenes harder or you can change character speed after a certain scene.

7. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

jigglybean, I have a question. How can i randomise specific scenes like In "zero" and randomise them from certain place to certain place. I mean for instance i would like to randomise only scenes between 30 to 40. I don't want to see randomised 35th scene in scene 5.

8. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

It will take some playing around with those bars under the game scene. Its something I haven't tried to do or use. There is a thread here, but you will have to do it all manually.

9. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

search for using aligned and stacked scenes together