How Can I Make An Animation On Impact

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Triton_, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Triton_

Triton_ Boxer

Hello!

I have recently been experimenting and have not been able to come to a conclusion yet.

How would I go about making an animation play, everytime a character collides or comes in contact with the ground.

I have made a small burst animation for this, I am just not sure how to implement this.

Thanks!

2. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

Have you tried advanced move and events , collision , affected asset ?

or better create action with asset that's has same color like ground , add your animation in action menu as action animation

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  3. Insanity

Insanity Boxer

Ezy pzy... I'm making an ISO game and I wanted my floor pads to light up as my character moves over them.
    I made the base block in Hexels and created another image of the top of the block only (the pad) and used Hexels to create a light up animation that I exported into a sequence of PNG files for this pad.
    I imported the first frame into BB as an action and added the entire PNG sequence to the "action animation" image box.
    I then set up the action as follows:
    Set the default animation containing the first frame to be mostly transparent (Opacity 0.1)
    Set the action animation (11 frames in my case) to a speed of 1 - this may be different for you but always make sure your frames have enough time to play before the duration of the action ends e.g. if you have 24 frames and you set the speed to 1, it will take 1 second for the frames to play and this will match an action duration of 1. If you change the speed to 0.5 then it will take 2 seconds to play the animation and if the action duration is only 1, then only half of your animation will play before the action is deleted from the game screen.
    Action Type = coin
    Animation placement = powerup
    Animation behaviour = overlay
    Reward Coins = 0
    Show Coin Reward = unticked
    Reward Points = 0
    Show Points Reward = unticked
    Duration = 1
    Appearance Chance = 100
    Camera Shake = 0
    Camera Flash = 0

TLDR; create the animation as a coin (action) that rewards 0 coins