Do An Offer !!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Rainyday, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

hello buildboxers !

i need someone to help me implent a code so whenever the player hit ( start) or hit ( replay ) the score will get back to zero ..

my game consists of many worlds and that thing cant be done using the current build box ( although andy mentioned that this thing would be possible in the coming release ) but i cant wait because many things are just waiting this >>>

if you can do it please reply to this thread or contact me at e2harakat@gmail.com

my budget limit for this is pretty high .. so dont worry you will be making fair money !

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

i don't understand how it doesn't / or can't return to zero when starting or restarting, it should always start at zero if your score label is set to current in world UI.?
    Email me if you want me to take a look---- playsgames6666@gmail.com

3. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

Because the game has many worlds

4. playsgames6666

and?
    Still doesn't make sense..
    If your world UI or worlds UI's are set to current it should always start at zero...
    Im working on a game with 16 worlds, every time i start or restart the score is zero.

5. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

Ok let shed some light on this i have a main menu ui where once you press start drives you to another world lets call it randomizer world ( just normal world ) which has many scenes each scene has a menu jump connected to a world which has one scene

So when you start the game that randomizer just drive yoh to play a different game in a randome way and once you pass you see a winning ui then press next which drives you to another random world through that randomizer

So the only way to see your score in all worlds i mean in the whole game is to to set your score label to
    Score ...all
    Total

And thats just awsome and works perfectly

But the issue is whenever you loose or start a new game the score doesnt come back to zero

6. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

I had been working on this since a week almost 8 to 10 hours a day to fix it and i found a way but that way doesnt look professional which is add a reset settings navigation button with zero opacity on the top of the start button in the main screen and the game over one and then i found a way to play with that reset button in eclipse or xcode to show just an ok button option so the player wont have any option that accepting starting a new game but another issue came up which is the shop iten or the items the player gains as gifts or he bought it those items will get affected by that reset button

7. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

I did read every single code in the exported buildbox file in eclipse and did alot of search on cocos2d codes but there is something iam missing or iam not paying attention to ... iam not c++ programmer although i jave a high level experience in websites codes but that is totally different

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  8. playsgames6666

Yea i have that too. and still works, World UI score label set to current.
    World UI on your world...
    see screen shots

Attached Files:

9. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

In my game i have them as coins ... although i tried to set them as points but the same problem exists ... weird

playsgames6666 likes this.
  10. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

One more thing in your screenshots you just have one ui for all worlds ... in my game i have different ui for each world ! So lets say i have 15 worlds so i have 15 ui for each world and the randomizer will direct you to one of those 15 worlds randomly

11. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

I do know that the project idea iam working on wasnt easy to achieve in build box but we did make it happen except for that little thing which is reset the game score to Zero with each new game

12. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

One more thing to add .. i have different ui for each world because simply each world has a different game play like flying ... swimming ... racing hehehehe
    This challenge actually makes me specially out of my group getting more attracted to buildbox because it triggers every cell in your brain to work with minimum resources ... i love this feeling .

13. playsgames6666

hey,
    just got home from work, give me 1/2 hour and ill send you my Skype details and will sort it out for you..

14. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

Hey bro i just added you to skype ...

I believe you are in australia and there is a time difference now the time there is 2:30 a.m .... and in canada its 10:30 so i just wake up two hours ago ....
    Any way waiting your acceptance to skype invitation !
    Thanks

15. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

you can do it easy with buildbox... just take a coffe and think! :D

16. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

heheheh i like you arsmen hehehehe

17. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

well guys just a follow up on this

i would like to thank playgames6666 who contacted me through skype and was willing to help but it didnt work out .. although he had the same setup as my map but it worked for him not for me ... WEIRD !!!

playgames6666 i like to tell everyone here that you are like a star in buildbox's sky !
    thanks for your time ... even with the fact that your solution didnt work !

18. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

waiting the new release which andy talked about or if anyone knows how to fix it plz contact me by email ,,, thanks

19. playsgames6666

Thanks man, i emailed you my game file, see if works on your PC, Maybe also you can see the set up better.
    Its just really weird ...

20. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

thank you i know its weird ... i just started a new game file and the issue still exist it might be becuase of the menu jump things i dont know