Buy a checkpoint in endless runner

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by villyreality, May 12, 2016.

1. villyreality

villyreality Boxer

Hey!

Hope you guys can help me.
    Is it possible if you are playing an endless runner from left to right, there is different checkpoints that is marked so you know you are going further... but you die. the game over screen comes, and there is a button to buy you self back to the check point so you dont have to start all the way over.

how can i make the button?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

this might help

Jamie likes this.
  3. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

I'm having a checkpoint issue in BB2 where the score doesn't reset properly. Here's run down of the issue.

Die with score of 10 -> restart from checkpoint with score of 10 -> die with score of 20 ->restart game from beginning with score of 10.

Basically I have a continue button that can be used every X games and costs in-game currency. When it is not available the standard restart button starts from the beginning with however many coins the last restart from checkpoint had when used.

Does anyone know how to get this working properly in BB2?

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

between these two setting, wont current world and total display what your after?

Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 10.08.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 10.08.50 AM.png

5. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

Got it working. Had to use points instead of coins and have the coins award both 1 coin and 1 point.