BuildBox Wishlist. Whats yours?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AppNasty, Apr 16, 2016.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yah I've used software that auto generates the apk for android. Would be cool if they added that in. Would eliminate all the errors people get with studio and eclipse. Just make it an option in bb, either export code, or generate apk.

boris likes this.
  2. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Here new wishlist after playing around with BB2 a bit:

1- Make the BB project files as a XML Based folders instead of one single file:
    To avoid slowness and random crash when opening the file, Also to be more faster when editing.

2- Add language trigger ( os_get_language() = "en" etc.. ) for Game Field UI !!
    For example, I want to make our game to support many languages depending on device language, This can work for
    Images, like when it's English / it will show the English title image, otherwise it will show the Chinese titles etc..

3- Add simple online multiplayer support via Player.IO:
    https://gamesnet.yahoo.net/

4- HTML5 Export ?
    Seriously why isn't there yet ?

buman, AppNasty and boris like this.
  3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I am also very disappointed with BB 2 it doesn't contain anything important that can make developer create more stunning and different games in my point of view i still see BB 2 as BB 1 and lack a lot of important things nothing new portal multiply or cloning character path it's going to be used over and over again from a lot of developer and it's going to create a lot of similar games types and gameplay maybe multiple world and animating ui however there is more important thing BB team need to focus to.

I didnt see any update for actions that can be developed to become more present as to have timer and the ability to upgrade its duration by to be purchased with in game currency.
    even character have multiple lives and health in BB 2 but with no use, there is no ability to purchase lives in game currency. character live should be an action that can be earn in gameplay and that can be purchased through in app purchase or in app currency.

Do we need to wait two years from now to see this features to be added to BB 3.0. it's going to have new ways to control games by then we are in the age of 360 and augmented reality where games can be controlled by air gesture.

Common when achievement is going to be added and when you can make games more social there is no ability to make player like or share score in FB to get coins. when heyzap mediation going to be integrated fully without the need to add code to final projects.... and i forgot to state the ability to control object is also a great feature that can make you create puzzle games.

And there is another thing why there is no level selector as there is character selector how suppose 5 inch screen going to handle games that have a lot of worlds. that is a must to have a level selector and map selector for worlds that bring more question what the use if you have that features if you can't use at full.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  4. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

I agree, BB needs to step it up, at least multiplayer options and html5 like Qdeveloper suggested as well.

wesam_badr and Qdeveloper like this.
  5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

ok guys...i gotta plan. Lets make what we can with BB as it is today, get rich...then dump a bunch of money into BB development. LOL.

stenturk and Qdeveloper like this.
  6. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Sounds like a plan :) We can start a group of people who will become insanely rich with games developed with BB and then they have to listen to us :p

AppNasty and Qdeveloper like this.
  7. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Hahaha, The price already too high and they already have awesome success with their own games developed by BB stuff, BB price itself making unity3d, GameMaker studio or Construct 2 sounding too cheap as a kids toys xD

Most asked features i saw in the posts isn't cutting edge technology or something too hard, like 3D rendering or Oculus rift support, Most of them are too normal and basic that supposed to be supported from the beginning by BB, But I'm very confident with less features BB already fun and amazing tool to use to be honest ;)

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

The kicker is that as bb stands right this second, you can make all that money back and more. I myself don't just make games with bb. I'm making music beat apps, comic apps, soon I will be publishing books made with bb and am making a deal with local magazine to appify their mag for android and ios. Even buying the master collection, some 6 thousand bucks, is worth it. If you make the right moves....be creative....you can easily start a new career and change your very life with bb. As they add new capabilities, our ability to make even more money just grows.

9. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

@Andy @TreySmith Please respond to this comment as to what can be done to avoid such, because this is not the first time this matter came up.
    My wish is for BB to open whilst offline. Recently, my country had a network problem and my project was closed. It saved but I was unable to open and continue working. What's even worse is that I was working on an update to solve a problem created by the recent update of BB. As I said before, I think that if customers are paying for a product, customers should not be limited as to when such product can be used unless stated in the agreement, from a lawful perspective this can be challenged. BB is a beautiful software, none currently like it, but many will be turned off knowing this is the case when there's no live connection. Those living in countries and areas where you never experience outages would not know the pain of being unable to work without a connection. High end software that requires high end payment, should be offering high end service.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What? Can Buildbox not be used offline? It seems I was online all the time now, but I can imagine thousands of situations I will be offline and keep working on projects. That's not true isn't it?

11. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

This is correct. You can't open Buildbox without a network connection. Once you establish a connection you can disconnect from the internet and continue using BB.

12. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Not in every case, after a few minutes after the network went down, I was forced to save or not save the project, which afterwards closed BB.

13. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

There was a comment by @TreySmith somewhere about wanting to make it so you can't export offline, at least I'm pretty sure it was Trey... But that never went anywhere...

14. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Here my third wishes for BB ;)

Older wishlists:

1- Game Screen Zooming in/out !!

This awesome to give more depth for racing or other action games, when characters fly or destroy.

2- Simple tapping on objects type of games:
    Not all games need to have characters, like education game, puzzle games or popping balloons, I tried to create
    this type of games but i have failed using BB compared to other game frameworks.

3- BuildBox offline use.
    If the above comments are true, This will be a big trouble for many developers when net turned off.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  15. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I wonder if you buy full bb, the 3k license, does it require you to connect? If so, they should make full purchases offline.
    My number one wish right now...well...2 wishes, is the ability to SCROLL menus....and ability to paste text not just on one line but stackable. Ive been making books with BB and having those two features would make BB the ultimate APPBox.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  16. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

I guess my wish list would consist of:

1) Raycasting from camera to touch inputs. The reason is to have the ability to move objects around the screen when you touch them with your finger, flick objects etc.. so many good uses to create an unbelievable amount of games using this method.

2) Spawn points with a pool manager.

3) Simple Ai. Nothing robust but the ability to have enemies chase the player with a few variables for distance (if player gets too far away, the enemy can be destroyed or go back to the path (yay finally have paths :)) he/she/it was on.

Simpler wish list:

1) Ability to create a space shooter type of game where you can rotate the player and have him go in the forward facing direction when moving left, right, up, down. Tough one to explain (i'll find a youtube video for an example). Two joysticks one for movement and one for direction (depending on game type selection).

These were off the top of my head after reading the first post, I love where BB has gone so far and believe its going to get sooo much better! (Im going to go back and read the rest of the replies in this post (I didn't want them to influence my answer lol). Great Topic!

Qdeveloper likes this.
  17. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

1. Gravity on objects. Ability to place any object and place a gravity level to it so when character gets within range it pulls them in.

2. MENU SCROLLING! lol its gotta me like..1 line of code....come on!

3. Ropes. As in, ropes that actually tug on things.

4. Invites. Like in facebook "Joshua invited you to play Candy Crush"

5. Flowing....friggin....water.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  18. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

+1 for the Facebook invites, ability to spread socially :) This one sounds difficult to implement and is outside the scope of my knowledge but I do like the idea of it.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    AppNasty and Jamie like this.
  19. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

This just became my number 1 mentioned by another poster:
    I belive BB will get there and is on track to become number 1, unfortunately they can't do everything overnight nor make everyone happy at the same time but I stand behind the thought of an amazing code-less platform and hope they are as motivated as we are to get the improvements we desire which will push them over the top of other engines.

brakewind723 and Qdeveloper like this.
  20. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

1- Open file browser when import graphics or sounds (alternative option than dragging):
    Trust me, I love dragging files, but working on a small screen can be a nightmare, I'm forced to open many windows and adjust things up on my screen before start dragging the files to buildbox!, Please provide us the standard open file browser.