BuildBox 2.0 will be free for BB1.3.X user?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by MethGames, Oct 23, 2015.

1. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

i believe that if you purchased within the last 4 months the upgrade is free

2. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

:( Too pricey for us due to the conversion of the USD... So if it's 1300 it would be x4.3 for us... Dang

3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Trey stated:
    "People who purchased a license can upgrade for 50% off or move to a subscription if they prefer. Anyone who purchased a full license to Buildbox 1.X in the last 45 days will be upgraded for free."

4. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

You miss the point, I'm simple trying to share the point of view of the relatively "new" customer. "Jaded", meaning... I feel I didn't get a good value for my money if the price to upgrade will be 50% of the new price.

Forums are to discuss, Trey took the time to share, I'm doing the same.

5. darone

darone Boxer

@mojpoj , i think i read somewhere it's a different product. better to wait until the product launch to see what bb2 features are. maybe it's like bb1.x is endless runner, bb2.x is leveled game, bb3.x is social game, bb4.x is 3d game...

6. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Without thinking it through, Id actually like to see BB 1.0 as a free version and 2.0 (with all the bells and whistles) on a subscription / purchases bases. I like the subscription bases.. well because I'm poor lol and believe that if you are a big company making over 100,000 yr then it makes sense to have to pay for lack of a better word pro features ($2,675). But this is just my opinion ;)

Another thing that id really like to see is BB open to programmers to create BB tools (actions / objects) that developers can make use of and have a store (reasonably priced) that the programmer makes money, the store(BB company) makes money (% split) and developers get tools they want to create games faster (and better). I think this would lesson the workload on buildbox creating everything themselves (they would still have to approve submissions but they would get a % of the profit (developed once paid for ever on each product)) and everybody wins.

haha (just dreaming) so many different ways to go but Im really glad BB is going and getting better. Oh my guess on what the new features are (portals, clones and paths (please have paths)).

7. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I do like that idea of having some sort of store where you can purchase say Logic Effects that kind of thing. 2 thumbs up for this.
    I think I also read elsewhere an asset store is being considered.

+1

8. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

It's been said features are being put into 2.0. Future dev of 1.0 will be limited to bug fixes. I believe it's clear that 2.0 is a replacement for 1.0.

For anyone that's bought 1.x in the last six months @ $2700 plus half that for 2.0 @ ~$1300, will have paid about $4,000. If they had started the monthly fee six months ago (not available at the time) they would have significantly saved money ($3,400).

My point is that a 50% discount is NOT significant enough for those that purchased in the last 6 months, or really the last 13 months if you break it down.

Personally, I'm wishing I had know the monthly option was coming. I would have waited one more day before purchasing.

9. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

It should be a longer period (more than 45 days)... seriously.

10. darone

darone Boxer

maybe more bonuses on people who purchased license than subscription base :)

11. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

We still have the 1.x... Here is how I am thinking: If I cannot make that initial investment out then something is wrong -- either me or the software. Most likely the prior one, because if so many ppl can create awesomeness with it, then the software is good enough for what it is designated for. Therefore if I cannot come up with a game that brings back the initial investment of the 1.x, then why should I lose even more money and wait for the magic to happen?

So the little script running in my head right now is:
    1. loop( forever ) {
      1. do {
        1. makeGame( awesome, addictive, popular, viral );
        2. releaseGame( AppStore, GooglePlay, {otherStores} );
        3. count( money );
      2. } while ( money < investment )
      3. Upgrade() or Subscribe();
    2. }

(I know not everyone is a developer here but my pseudo code is easy to understand by most and makes my point)

12. sappz

sappz Guest

If BB 2.0 is including multiplayer or 2.5d support. Then the price is pretty reasonable. #cantwait

13. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

@AndyG Yes, we are working on an asset store. It should hopefully be ready in the next week or so.
    Its not affiliated with BuildBox.com but it will be dedicated to Buildbox assets.

14. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

I wouldn't be pleased :(

15. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I hope buildbox 2.0 can make simple 3d games like twist and octagon

16. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

So what you're saying is $1337.5 for upgrade from version 1 that's cheaper than 2 years of subscriptions of 2.

17. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hmmm, listening to the latest documentary video I have a feeling BB 2 will be more than just a game development platform...

18. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

Does anyone know if the monthly subscription price will change after Buildbox 2.0 is released?

19. jbross

jbross Avid Boxer

I think a good idea would be anyone who purchased BB1 within a year should get the upgrade free. That would be fair to those people and a good business practice for the supporters or buyers.

colette_levesque likes this.
  20. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer