Best Ad Platform?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AndyG, Oct 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I'm currently setting up Ads and initially going with the usual suspects, Ad Mob and iAd.

So simple question. Are these as good as all others or does anyone have better success with HeyZap as an example etc? For now avoiding Ad mediation due to the setup hassles and just rolling with a priority list with AdMob #1 and iAd #2

Would love to know peeps thoughts and successes?

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

This was going to be my next question too @AndyG. I'm also at that point of preparing ad networks for BB, so an input from BB Ad Jedi's would be great.

3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Two great minds think alike @Phill Mason :) BUT so far the response has been deafening!
    Would be great if @TreySmith or @Andy could throw in their tuppenceworth and let us know whats worked for PHASES, SKY etc?

Phill Mason likes this.
  4. Phill Mason

I hear ya @AndyG :) For me, I've only ever used Chartboost, Revmob, Playhaven, Applovin and Vungle, so some insight into Admob, iAds and the likes of Heyzap would be great. I'm sure it's a case of try it for yourself to find out scenario, but any heads-up tips from the community would be greatly appreciated.

5. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

My biggest gripe with AdMob is that they have to Mail me a check because I don't live in USA. Even though I have a US bank account for this purpose. Everyone else direct deposits or PayPals. Chartboost and Revmob pay into my US Bank. Applovin pays to PayPal. But... AdMob is supposed to have a great fill rate... :p

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Honestly the best thing is to test, test and test some more. Every game is going to be different. Nothing we say is going to hold true to everyone else. That said Admob, Facebook, iAds combo seems to do well. Chartboost and Applovin are old standbys that are easy to setup and tend to work well for some. Again, you need to test for your own games analyze the data and test some more.

Sean Buildbox and AndyG like this.
  7. Phill Mason

Good info @ajcoryat, thanks.
    I appreciate that @Andy, always good to hear what's working well for people though, cheers.

8. darone

darone Boxer

@ajcoryat , from I know, there are 3 options for the payment for admob, you just need the swift code for international wire transfer, or use the other method by western union (they will send you the number in email, then just go to bank with western union sign on it). For checks it will takes time (weeks for the them to arrive to your house and then another weeks for the bank to make it into your bank account).

9. ruru

ruru Boxer

For games specifically, I'd definitely go with Admob banners + Chartboost + Applovin. The rest:
    • Facebook, only if you find that the CPMs are higher in that game category, else default to Chartboost and/or Admob.
    • iAd has a horrible fill rate
    • Revmob has tanked in the past two years, stay far far away from Revmob.
    • Playhaven take too long to pay
    • Mopub - never used it, but haven't heard anyone rave about it.
    • Leadbolt - never used it, but have heard some developers get good results with them.
    Source: Experience I guess. I have Oover 200 games/apps in the app store.

10. TheViseOne

TheViseOne Boxer

This is not true
    I don't know where you live, but Admob sends money trough wire transfer to most countries. At least here in Latvia I get my earnings every month in to my bank account. Also they pay trough Western Union, which is much better option than check

11. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

I forgot about wire transfers. Yes they do have that. But the fees to my bank... I lose about $30US. Not worth it when ACH is free. My admit checks are still small. So, I've learnt that if I apply checks to my credit card at the bank, they clear it overnight.

12. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

Leadbolts pays via Paypal. Very reliable.

ruru likes this.