Around The World Scene Start /end Question

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by gatorbyte, Oct 13, 2016.

1. gatorbyte

gatorbyte Boxer

Hi Im really new here ... Ive searched around and read the user manual buuuutttttt, I'm overlooking something.

Type: Around The World

basically a ball rolling around a cake at the moment lol...trying to change from start to getting character (after one or two rotations ,depending on scene ) to the next scene ( aligned not random) .

I seen a thread where the guy just made different worlds...which is cool for different level themes , Im actually trying to make different difficulties for at least 2 or 3 scenes in each world before they can go to the next World.

Sorry if this has been answered ...I did look promise!

thanks!

2. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

gatorbyte likes this.
  3. gatorbyte

gatorbyte Boxer

Thanks for the input my friend ,

although that is working .....im still lost on the possibilities of NOT just having 10 levels (worlds) ....Im trying to make the scenes available as well ....Thanks again!

4. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

@gatorbyte you can this using checkpoints, have you see the video I posted yesterday?

The only issue was that all the objects drop to bottom of the screen (for me anyway) i am going to try and work this out today. If you can't work it out with checkpoints let me know and I can send you a file.
    Cheers

gatorbyte likes this.
  5. gatorbyte

gatorbyte Boxer

@bluemoonstudios , thank you I'm still working out my noob issues , ill give it a go ! I was able to put Star Gambit together with little to no issues. Still working on a few face lifts for it .....but I really want to try something with Around The World...much appreciated!

6. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I have see no solution about checkpoint here,you must calibrate the scenes,but is complicated,because is "Around the world" only one scene .
    It's easy also to make worlds.
    If you want i can show you how to made it for example... in world 1 you must rotate once, in world 2 rotate twice,world 3 rotate 3 times and so on.make it hard :) .

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  7. gatorbyte

gatorbyte Boxer

I tried that ...and like yours ...my objects keep sliding down trying to sneak off the page lol let me know if you figure it out .
    I messed around with background settings but that didn't work ..oh well if i figure it out ,ill let you know.
    thanks again!

8. bluemoonstudios

The only way I was able to get around the objects falling is this.
    1: Place the "set checkpoint" directly in the centre of the screen
    2: Move all the objects on that scene above the screen so when that scene appears it will instantly move to the correct position.

This process is very tedious but once you get the first scene right then you can just copy each scene

Sounds dumb, but it's the only way I could do it lol

9. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

the cleanest way to move from around the world to another around the world is menu jumps and build them only on start scenes...

this post here has a bbdoc example... and although these are for random around the worlds... it should help you

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/randomize-second-level.6834/#post-35919

gatorbyte likes this.
  10. bluemoonstudios

I originally did it this way too but by jumping worlds you run into an issue with scoring. I couldn't get the scores to reset when you restart the game, but by having all the scenes in 1 world and using checkpoints to get to the next scene the scoring issue was solved.

gatorbyte likes this.
  11. gatorbyte

gatorbyte Boxer

@bluemoonstudios Hows the production coming along? I took a break from my A T World thing for the weekend , everything kept sliding even though i pushed EVERYTHING up....I really don't want to settle for less scenes but we shall see , might have to do it the way @heathclose mentioned . Im giving my already live game a little face lift so I wouldn't get to mad at the other lol. thanks for all the input !

12. bluemoonstudios

@gatorbyte I have put it on hold, working on a few other games at the moment. :)

gatorbyte likes this.