Appstore Review Time Taking Very Long

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by sir_freddy, Dec 30, 2017.

1. sir_freddy

sir_freddy Boxer

Hello,
    I finished my App and uploaded it to the Play Store. They reviewed it in about 1h and it was available for everyone.
    I also uploaded my App one day later to the AppStore (that was on the 20th december). It still says it is waiting for review AFTER 10 DAYS! I know Apple had a christmas break for four days but that still means that my app has not been reviewed after six days! I feel like I a missing something somewhere...
    Would be awesome if someone could help me out!
    upload_2017-12-30_14-30-50.png

2. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

I had game once that was IN REVIEW for a week :) just wait it will be alright

and believe me one day you will be happy that on App Store there is human behind review process

3. sir_freddy

sir_freddy Boxer

Thanks for the reply! But is there any way that I missed something on my end? I believe "Waiting for Review" means that my App got submitted to them for sure, right?

4. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

No you didn't miss anything, i also was once waiting two weeks, but if you need illusion of action you can reject this by yourself an submit again, but then i think you need to upload new build :)

Ps. On first my game on appstore it took me nearly two months to publish since reject update and again update reject and again.... :)

5. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Also, it was just christmas, and they closed for a week. so they have some catching up to do. Happens every year at this time.
    As soon as they reopen every man and his dog is uploading there apps.
    Give them a break...

6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Its probably a delay simply because its Christmas. However it can also be that the review is taking longer because its been escalated. I've had that on Apps previously taking longer because there is an issue. Some have ultimately been given the OK and others have came back with the usual alerts that something needs to be changed.

7. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

I always check this site http://appreviewtimes.com/ to get a rough idea of how long an average review time is recently. Some people take 15 days before they get their apps in review. Lucky ones (like me most of the time) take 24 hours.

8. noahcdesign

noahcdesign Avid Boxer

Hey I have the same issue, mine is in the "Waiting for review" status for over 20 days. I think it's just because there are so many people that uplaoded christmas apps and stuff so I will just be patient. :D

9. sir_freddy

sir_freddy Boxer

Update:
    After almost three weeks I rejected my binary and resubmitted it. Within 10h they reviewed my app. That really pissed me off because they have simply forgot me.

10. noahcdesign

noahcdesign Avid Boxer

For me there's still no answer :( I also did reject my binary several times to resubmit it but without a reaction... I'm just waiting here haha

11. KidApp

KidApp Boxer

I had the same issue and I did the same as you. Resubmission helps!!!