Apple Reviewing Apps Process Is Extremely Slow

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by bmsingha, Mar 23, 2017.

1. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hi Guys

Is anyone there out facing the issue of delay on app review process? Couple of games have been in review for more than 10-15 days still not reviewed. Is there anyone with same issue?. Also have heard apple removing reskined games or some sort of similar stuff this days. How far this fact is true?

2. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Hello! We faced the same issue the last month, but seems now the process became faster. Hope it will be fast on a regular basis. Didn't hear about reskins removal. But I'm aware that they don't accept direct clones like color switch when devs do similar colors and titiles. What cases have you heard?

bmsingha likes this.
  3. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

One of my friend's all apps have been removed from the store, and still another guy told me his app has been in review since many days, more than 10, still in review

justforward likes this.
  4. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

Perhaps all these apps were very similar to existing top apps on App Store, like a direct clone of Color Switch, for instance. If you make your game and reskin it, I think it's OK for Apple Review Team.

bmsingha likes this.
  5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@taepovt completely agree with you

justforward likes this.
  6. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

When I've submitted games in the past, I've always found these guys to be fairly accurate, but it seems to be way off from what you're saying. Currently showing the average review time to be approx 3 days, which is faster than the usual 4-5 days.
    http://appreviewtimes.com/

7. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

Apple has much tougher conditions than Google, and that makes the process slower.

While everything posted on Apple will always work better than on Google, you'll always get more sales and downloads.

bmsingha likes this.
  8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I have submitted games and updates in the last 2 weeks and have had them approved as fast as in 1-3 days. After rejections (for whatever reason) even faster.

bmsingha and playsgames6666 like this.
  9. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Then it means probably they are keeping an eye on the accounts that have multiple and only reskinned or cloned games, rest all safe

10. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

That's good time period

11. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I only can underline what others said here already: These days app review time seems to be 1-3 days. in one case it was even less than a day...

bmsingha likes this.
  12. MattGamer

MattGamer Boxer

I'm quite amazed. Just submitted my game for approval, walked to the shop, got back 30 mins later and it was ready for sale.

bmsingha, JustWatchApps and trudnai like this.
  13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I'm with Phill.
    I always watch that site and my review times follow suit, pretty accurately.
    Rarely will an Application be waiting to go into review for more than 3 days. Then it's usually accepted within hours.

On the odd occasion I've had an app that had clocked a week in review, to which I cancelled, uploaded a new binary and resubmitted and it went through in 2 Days... Very strange.

Sometimes I wonder if an App is assigned to an individual, and if that reviewer clocks off for the weekend, or goes on vacation, your App remains in review until they get back. Or something along those lines.

I would of most certainly resubmitted by now though... especially at 10-15 days. That seems a tad long.
    Unless of course you've submitted a huge App with high functionality and user base etc, like Amazon or Instagram. I imagine those guys take forever to be accepted.

bmsingha likes this.
  14. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

as per your comments, guys it seems it's not an issue with all of the developers, probably very few or maybe apple doing certain changes