Ad Free Ios Device - Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I just purchased an adblocker for my iOS device. Namely: Adblock. Did you know that you can use an app like this one and literally block all ads on your device?

In the case of Buildbox games, not one ad is shown anymore. It doesn't even allow you to fetch a video reward ad so the button never appears. Very cool. But for us developers actually very sad. The only thing that keeps me positive is that these kind of apps are probably not very well known.

What do you think? Did you know?

2. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Yes! I use that one too, I think it uses a VPN to block ads on apps too.

3. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Yeah man I recently figured this out. That's why I started investing more time and money to produce paid game apps based on popular youtube figures with their permission :)

4. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

I guess my game is going to have to go paid then.

brakewind723 likes this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think a lot of people do not know about this. A lot of my friends don't even know they shouldn't play the games when with data and boom, their available amount is gone. This is more for tech-savvy guys out there probably. It would be nice to have a statistic to know how bad it really is. But can it be more than 2%?

The paid route seems a lot harder than the free one. I think that Dan Counsell's game was the only Buildbox game that had success until now going the paid route (and more than a month worth of income wasn't there either). @brakewind723 do you have an income with what you are doing? To use the youtube figures is a very great idea.

6. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

It seems that Apple gives a bit more love to paid apps too, most likely because they get a cut of the sales.