4 Buttons (Move Left, Right, Top, Down)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ThoPel, Feb 8, 2016.

1. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

I'm trying to build a game with 4 Buttons (Move Left, Right, Top or Down) in BB1.35. Everytime a button gets pressed my character should move to this direction.

But my character is going nowhere, I don't see the wood for the trees.

Example version for download

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey @ThoPel, I just took a look at your bbdoc and can see that you have all the settings set to 0, this is your problem.
    Go into Advance Gameplay Setting, Check the box Forced Movement and give your Character some X & Y Max Speed, plus the Time Warp needs to be something above 0 also, try about 50 and go from there. I just tried this and the black dot character moves around the screen just fine.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 18.24.08.png

Christoph likes this.
  3. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

@Phill Mason Thanks for your reply. Your settings are working fine. Yes, it was my starting point project, so all parameters were 0.

But a short question: Now my character moves a very very little bit without pressing any button. Is this normal, a BB error?

4. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I didn't notice that, but on a closer look, I can see your background is set to (1). Unlock the background and set it to 0, that should sort it :)

Christoph likes this.
  5. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

6. Padawan

Padawan Boxer

I am trying this settings but my chatacter is not going anywhere. Advanced move animations are working but character is standing where it is :)

[​IMG]