Why Apple Store Instead Of Play Store?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by yepez7, Feb 15, 2017.

1. yepez7

yepez7 Boxer

Why is better to publish your game in the apple store than play store?

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

play store is full of crap more than app store
    in app store you can get featured
    in app store your app will get impression and few download in the first day of its lunch in app store will get 0
    and so on....

3. yepez7

yepez7 Boxer

I haven't publish a game in the apple store what does future by Apple means?
    Like what benefits?

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Google Play can run features too. The question is this. If you are looking to SELL your app - avoid Google Play and use Apple. Players on App Store are happier to spend money on games than Google Play. In addition - Google Play is rife with piracy, so if you sell your game there too, its prone to be being pirated (yes, even a $1 game!!!).

Google Play is full of crap apps, mainly down to the cheap entry point to get a developer licence. A one time $25 payment, where App charges $99 a year.

5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

i would put it this way...There are more gamers on apple devices than google. Or at least that 'scene' is highly respected. Apple devices get tons of coverage. [TouchArcade, Appshopper etc] whereas Android dont. I like google more only because they arent as strict and upload process is far easier. But apple will pay off more. Have greater chance of your game getting discovered etc. You aint cool if you aint on apple. Thats the mentality people have. So midaswell go with it lol. Also, if you dont have an apple account, I can publish your games for you. Been building my store up to be a publisher. Trying to anyways. I cant offer much but i do have the skill of making things go viral. Which i will be doing very soon for my stores. Word to ya muva.

6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi Guys,

I am sorry but If you only publish at IOS you are putting a limit to your earnings. Why not double your chances. There are many gamers at Android as well as iTunes. Also Your keywords in Android is the meta data that you enter as explanation which helps you to fit in as many keywords as you can where as in itunes you are only limited to 100 keywords. In Android it is the fist 200 words that count btw. I have been publishing on both and for me both is working the same way in terms of revenue. Actually sometimes you can get better luck at android. also both of them feeds off each other. I would say don't limit yourself and it is all about making a good game. For android you only pay 25 dollars and it is life time. I understand the first 3 day boost in apple and the possibility of getting featured but yet again why not? Just like Franchise why not open another store in the neighbourhood U know. I hope you don't misunderstand me but these are just my opinions and Good Luck with Gamedev.

7. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Apple users spend more on games, especially indie type ones. Plus less pirating on the Apple infrastructure...