Wheels Feature

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by itzonator, Mar 21, 2018.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I've been doing a Motocross type of game recently and I've been thinking, OK wheels are separate objects from character, what if we can use Wheels as "part of characters."

See now, I cannot use Portal and GateKeeper logic pieces because of this in Motocross type of games. The character is going through the portal / gatekeeper and the wheels are not, because they are treated as separate objects. It looks weird when you actually experience stuff like that.

Thanks

2. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

i think you can use portal and uncheck "delete objects"
    not tested by myself but give a try :p

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Tried that Bilz636, it simply clones the character without the wheels when using portal, where character 1 (not the clone) is having wheels and remains in the same position. This is not of use whatsoever, because I want character 1 (not the clone) to be transferred from one point to another.

Wheels are not part of the character, they are treated as separate objects to go through portals / gatekeepers.

4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I've been thinking ....
    If I add the "wheels" as characters, instead of objects, will probably not work, because I have to link the wheels to the character and the "wheels feature" is only in "objects node"

Wheels are recognized by BuildBox as Objects only. If I add wheels as characters... let me give it a shot anyways :D

I got an error: only the first character can be added into the first scene. Since I cannot have two characters (main char + wheel char), it is not going to work as I cannot link both on Start Scene.

@TreySmith BuildBox needs an upgrade :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018