Wheel which can be passed through

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by askerman3, Jun 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. askerman3

askerman3 Boxer

upload_2016-6-17_22-33-26.png
    Hi there . Its my first post to this really wonderful community . You will definitely see me more often :) . I want to know how to create this type of wheel within which the character can be passed through (as shown in pic )

2. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Well...see if I can answer this via text...

1. Make a central no collide object...like the center silver thing.

2.place two parallel rectangle the length of each inside area...like a tunnel to pass through.

3. Make a bunch of relatively small collision boxes and place them all around as in a circle around and upto the side of your rectangles.

You should have a very weird looking 2 half moon objects.

4. Now turn on your link button and drag a link from the center to each of the rectangles and small collision boxes....now make the center object rotate at whatever speed you want. Make sure you drag from center object to the collision boxes. Not reversed or nothing will work

Click play...all those boxes should rotate around the center.

If that works now place your actual image or images of the gold thingy and link those as well.

You should end up with a tunnel the player can travel through. No collide. Turn opacity of the center thing to 0 so it disappears and you should be good to go.

askerman3 likes this.
  3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

search the forums for making circle collision boxes, there is a video going around, then replace the 2 triangles with that... i left the center decoration that rotates everything at .1 opacity so you can it see it, but you would change that to 0 opacity so it is invisible to your player... hope this points you in the right direction....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7uyk4i3rm2b2f4/Pass through circle.bbdoc?dl=0

INKY likes this.
  4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

You need to change the collision shape to accommodate your needs and attach the half circles to the center rotating object like this:

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 11.30.45 AM.png

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

yah if you can get the collision boxes as close as @trudnai did in the above image, you won't even need to use that video for making cirular collisions