What Feature Are You Most Excited For In Bb3

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by thatguyminib, Feb 13, 2018.

1. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Well yeah BB2 will still be out there and supported initially but ultimately everything moves to BB3 like any piece of software.

AppNasty likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I always seen them speak as if BB3 is NOT for current BB2 monthly subs? No need to support BB2 if BB3 is out. I am confused on the plan myself. I have seen many different claims that lure me in diff directions lol.

3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

BB3 will be released as a beta in due course for ALL subscribers. Initially the first beta was for MC2 users only. Not sure what the plan is now. The first release was actually alpha and Trey stated yesterday a second alpha is coming. Personally I think BB3 should just be opened up to all subscribers and crack on with feedback. Good or bad.

AppNasty likes this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yeah....i used to have access to first round BB3....but i had to cancel my sub and i got it back for a short while but don't have access to it anymore. I really do hope that when it becomes full on public, it replaces BB2 completely. Of course they will continue to support BB2 series for awhile for those peoples games that aren't compatible with BB3 until bugs are squashed. But i do hope the plan is to make BB3 the standard. Eventually killing off BB2 series.

5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Yes. Absolutely. BB3 will be the only version available eventually. You will use that version to create 2D games as you currently do with BB2 and of course BB3 is also how you will create 3D games. The delay in issuing the beta is the wait for bugs to be fixed in 2.3 and then that will be incorporated within BB3 so you can switch between 2D or 3D depending on which style of game you wish to develop.

AppNasty likes this.
  6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ahhhhh. So exciting. I got to play with first round of BB3 months ago and messed with new nodes. Was fun stuff.

7. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Yes. Have patience. BB3 will be awesome. But we all need to walk before we can run. Once BB2 is fully fixed. And its getting there. It will be worth the wait I am sure :)

AppNasty likes this.
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Have they ever announced a time frame to expect BB3 that we all can use?

9. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I agree that all subs should get access to it now and let us report feedback and get this thing going! Lol Or at least once they make all the changes for the version @TreySmith has planned. I feel the sooner it is unleashed to the subs the better it can be and the faster bugs can be found. It could be overwhelming though getting a ton of bug reports XD

AppNasty likes this.
  10. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I think MOST bug reports will be mostly the SAME. Even if 1000 people are submitting. They mentioned the BEST is using the auto report thingy that happens when BB crashes. They collect all the info they need. But for bugs that are active and don't cause a crash, yeah. would be overwhelming. But again, most bugs will be the same for everyone. The more people, the quicker it can be fixed an released. Or at least that's what i tell Trey when i send him an email containing pics of me peeking in his windows.

11. thatguyminib

Yeah true most bugs would end up being the same.

Also to be honest I think only a small handful here would be testing and using it regularly. Probably just the telegram channel lol

Edit: @OneHitGamer I do not think they have given a timeline on when BB3 will be available for all.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    AppNasty likes this.
  12. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

We'll stop selling BB2 when BB3 is officially released, but will support it for a while. There will be no real reason to use it though as BB3 will be fully backwards compatible, and when you make a 2D world it will feel very similar to Buildbox 2.X.

I'm definitely not wide releasing the Alpha version. Especially while we're still figuring out specifically how it should feel. It would be a huge amount of noise to filter. Once we have all the features/nodes/etc worked out, then we'll move to beta, go wide with a release for subscribers, and start hunting individual issues.

The good news is all of this is moving along pretty fast now. I think we could see a final release by summer (don't hold me to it), and originally we thought it could be Christmas.

13. thatguyminib

@TreySmith That is awesome! I know things can happen that may delay it, but it is good to hear that things are moving along quickly! I kind of figured you wouldn't release it at all during alpha. Mainly because this next one would be more so your iteration of the program, which means BB3 doesn't even really have its core feel figured out just yet.

Super excited for the beta release though! :D Also love these updates!

14. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Wow thats excellent news. But yes we will hold you to it :)

thatguyminib and Buildbox like this.
  15. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

@TreySmith if the final release is going to be in summer then when will get our hand on the open beta release I hope soon. I really want to know how bb 3.0 is going to be shaped or transformed into the final release if only you cold added the old boxer member to the alpha testing.

16. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So what then was the old BB3 some of us had access to months ago?

Christoph likes this.
  17. thatguyminib

I believe that was only the node system they were testing out.

AppNasty likes this.
  18. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

That is correct. The first “Buildbox Next” version released last year was a proof of concept on nodes, and was only in 2D.

AppNasty likes this.
  19. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Can we get an update to the BB3 Alpha w/3D to help w/bugs, for those of us who have BB3(2d w/Nodes)?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  20. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Hue I would email support and see how they can assist

Hue Buildbox likes this.