What Do You Think Of Ketchapp's Game "dungeon"?

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Wa1rus, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Wa1rus

Wa1rus Boxer

Ketchapp released a new game a few days ago called Dungeon. I do not believe it is a Buildbox game, but I also have not looked into it much. But, what do you guys think of this game?

Personally, it's just another platformer that Ketchapp has released recently, and with all the submitting Ketchapp has received, why are they publishing unpolished games? I don't like the FX of the character and the gamemode is both laggy and not unique.

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Personally, I like it.
    It's a unique platformer. Something I've not seen before anyway. The back and forth for each level is quite cool.
    I also think it's actually very polished. The animation is cute and fluid, the UI is clean and clear, the reward screens are pleasant and I'm a huge fan of the subtle sound effects. I even warm to the little cube, he's quite endearing with his little jump :)
    It's nice to see a different game style emerge in the App Store.
    It's personal preference though. Some days I like games like this and some days I don't haha.

Coyowl and playsgames6666 like this.
  3. Wa1rus

Wa1rus Boxer

I agree with everything you said. It may be my personal preference, but the app still feels like it's missing something but I don't know what. I feel it is difficult to control the square to where you want it to be, since the app included a fluid-style motion. Who's knows. Ketchapp is very successful with every step they take and they know the market well, so they definitely put thought into the decision behind this app, and I'm sure regardless of what I think it will at least do decent.

4. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

I just played it, and honestly the game is very nice - very polished and I like the changed Fluid Squishy theme, also the gameplay is fun. good one.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

They have released a bunch of games lately without any of them really reaching the dizzy heights of say Zigzag or Stack. Although Ubisoft own them and have no say in the day to day running of things, could some of their fans be shifting away from these one tap games?

6. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

The game is good, and well polished, its heaps better than ball jump, there original game, and will have more retention due the cool characters. and its not laggy at all, compared to ball jump which was laggy.
    I think its great, not sure what your on about.