Turn An Enemy Into A Platform?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by pfailBB, Jan 8, 2017.

1. pfailBB

pfailBB Boxer

Hi there,

New with using Buildbox, and this is my first forum post, though I've been going through the advice here for a couple months now. Thanks for all the great help. Seems like a really solid community.

So, I'm building a platformer that I'd like to use some puzzle-ish elements in, including the ability for the character to turn a dangerous enemy into a safe platform for a short period of time. I've scoured videos and forum posts looking for hacks, and I've spent countless hours trying to make this work. All I've come up with so far is to use an Advanced Move that transforms the enemy animation in the event of a Collision. But I've so far only been able to make this trigger when the enemy collides with the character, not with, say, a bullet or some kind of powerup. I'm hoping to find another method to trigger the Advanced Move, because in the logic of my game the character should be destroyed if it collides with any enemy.

I hope that all makes sense, and please let me know if you have any tips, suggestions or need me to explain what I'm doing further.

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Best thing i can think of, is in the defeated animation of the enemy is to spawn a platform, so when the enemy is defeated it will be replaced with the platform, if you have spawn rate at 500, then you may be able to spawn an enemy again at say 300.
    Not really sure on this as i have not tried it before, see how you go.

3. pfailBB

pfailBB Boxer

This didn't entirely work for me, but it did give me an idea.

So the enemy spawns a platform when it's defeated (thanks for that idea), and then I thought that the platform could spawn an enemy after, say, I jump on it X number of times and its health is depleted by my character. I set all of that up, go to test it, and Buildbox crashes. I tried restarting and reloading a few times, and it kept crashing. So I guess my idea broke Buildbox? Not sure how or why, but once I take the enemy spawn out of the platform it all works perfectly again.

Guess I can't have it all.