Translation Advise

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by sysads, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I was wondering how one can confirm language translation done is correct. I checked the Google, Microsoft, Babylon etc translations and all translating differently.

So how do you trust a paid translation service?

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Reputation of the translator company or you can QA by either ask another translator company to take a second look or you can ask friends, or you tell ppl on social media or forums that you will pay $$$ for finding grammar and spelling mistakes. Usually you cannot translate 1:1, there can be many stuff that is said in a different way in other languages. Automatic translation services are for having a general idea about what the text is saying but nothing more than that. You cannot expect perfect representation of your meaning with perfect grammar if you use that service. You need human to achieve that.

PS: I am pretty lucky because my wife is Chinese/Korean (Korean minority in China), and also she was studying in Japan, so we are well covered in Asian languages lol. Also in family we have German, French and Spanish speaking members so western Europe is also covered :)

sysads and Wings n Armor like this.
  3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

sounds like a business connection already @sysads ....

4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Will touch base with you on this :D