Track user activity on Google Developer Console

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by defonten, May 9, 2016.

1. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Hey guys,
    I enabled Google Analytics on Google Developer Console, is there anything else I must do to track downloads, and other metrics of my app on Google Play? Like do I need to include some special code in game too to be able to track it??

Who has experience with this guys? How do you track your downloads and store views? Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for posting it twice, first one was probably in the wrong place.

2. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Yes i believe you need to add the tracking event code for your app and the text views like "Title Screen", "Game Over Screen", "Tweet sharing attempt" etc.., I have already done this to our other games using another game engine, it's simple thing to do when it's supported by the tool, I don't know why it's not included in BuildBox !! You can add those analytic codes manually in Android Studio or Xcode when you export the game if you know what you are doing.

4. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

@Qdeveloper Yeah I agree it's cool, but it sounds very advanced, like, I don't think I need to know how many times my game over screen has been shared. I am wondering if I need to implement this into the code of my app to track simple app downloads and may be territory it was downloaded from. That's pretty much all. Get my point?

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you know how @Qdeveloper it would be great if you can share a tutorial with us. Would love to include Google Analytics too.

6. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I didn't try to add it yet in our upcoming game, If i got how it's working i wouldn't mind to share some tips.