the game to work in all android versions

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by th3genie, Apr 27, 2016.

1. th3genie

th3genie Boxer

hi guys. i was wondering how can i make my game compatible to work with all android versions. ``??

2. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Install the Android SDKs down to 4..0 - anything below that isn't worth it as it makes up just 2% of the market

th3genie likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@jigglybean is correct. We don't officially support 2.x anymore. It's an extremely small part of the market share. Technically you could modify the Android Manifest (minSdkVersion) from API 11 to API 10 and it may still work for you for now (I actually do this for my testing device). But at some future point it won't be compatible.

th3genie likes this.
  4. th3genie

th3genie Boxer

if you are talking about the SDK of eclipse, i already installed them. but when i generated the APK file and upload it to my google play developer account and tried to install it in my phone a message shows up when i want to open it; unfortunately my game stopped.

5. th3genie

th3genie Boxer

but when i generated the APK file and upload it to my google play developer account and tried to install it in my phone a message shows up when i want to open it; unfortunately my game stopped.

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

That could be many different things. I would open and support ticket by emailing support@buildbox.com so we can get your specific details and get it sorted out for you.

th3genie likes this.
  7. th3genie

th3genie Boxer

thank u i really appreciate it. i will be waiting