Tablet Game Laggy

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Cristian, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi there,

After long learning lessons I managed to have my game 90% ready and doing some beta testing. on mobile works great, issue is on tablet.

On my iPad mini app does not open. Is loading and after that just close. Does anyone have this issue and what would be the cause?

On simulators for tablets game is very very laggy. Unplayable. Also some elements are not in same place, do not stick to edge even I have the option selected. Main image bag rounds are cut from top and bottom as well.

How do you guys managed to have this fixed in order to have game working smooth on tablets as well?

Regards,
    C

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Is your atlas's optimized? How many atlas's do you have?
    On your tablet does the game load about 90% than crash?

3. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

Yes, I did optimize the atlases. On tablet the loading bar do not appear for some reason, on mobile all working great. So I am not sure if get to 90% or lower than that but after the loading screen crashes. On Xcode plugged in it gets until the point of loading atlases, plist.something. Processor gets to 80% 90% 100% 90% 80% and such.

App have 51 megs.

Really odd. I had an old samsung and there is very laggy but is single core I guess, 512 ram. iPad is 1nd gen. It should work and I am pissed that does not even open + that aground images do not scale to fit the screen, car cut from top and bottom. Is noting 3d or hard core.

EDIT: app is crushing when loading atlases. After first 10 of them.

Any tips for all these?

Thanks,
    C

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  4. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Its hard to say without actually seeing it. Have you sent your .bbdoc to support@buildbox.com so that they can take a look?

So your background looks fine on the phone but not the tablets?

5. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Background yes on mobile, not on tablet - iPad mini.

Looked fine on old samsung tablet device.

On iPad mini the issues are:
    - some buttons are pushed up or down form their actual position.\
    - main bag rounds in the game on pause, game over, loading are cut either top and bottom, or shifted to the right of the screen. ( I tested with some simulators on Xcode - same laggy and cuts from bg images.)

Really odd, it should scale to fit any screen ration right?

6. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

- some buttons are pushed up or down form their actual position.
    Do you have 'stick to edge' checked?

- main bag rounds in the game on pause, game over, loading are cut either top and bottom, or shifted to the right of the screen.
    Its weird that it would be cut on menu's. Can you show a screenshot of your main menu background within buildbox? you can hide your title and buttons.

In regards to your in-game background - What do you have the screen adjustment set to?

7. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Buttons - yes, all are stick to edge.

Bg Cuts - Imagine an image and you have 15% from that above the screen, where the speaker it is, so instead being from screen top to screen bottom is like it is scaled up more than the screen physical size. Will send a screenshot if needed.

Screen adjustments - in preview mode ? Or not sure if i get your question.

8. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Buttons - yes, all are stick to edge.
    Okay, but if they are in the middle of your screen than you should have this unchecked. Try playing around with that to see if it works.

Bg Cuts - Imagine an image and you have 15% from that above the screen, where the speaker it is, so instead being from screen top to screen bottom is like it is scaled up more than the screen physical size. Will send a screenshot if needed.
    Yes please send a screenshot.

Screen adjustments - in preview mode ? Or not sure if i get your question.
    If you go in buildbox settings you will see this
    Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 4.32.19 PM.png

9. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

Buttons - ok, make sense, I had few of them checked and were in the middle. Works if is unckeded. Thanks for the tip :)

Bg cuts - are due to default screen adjustment in settings indeed. Now since the aspect ratio is different what is best here? If I chose fit to height works great for all but I have not left and right margins as black and do not look good.

Thanks,
    C

10. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

I tried to set FIT TO WIDTH screen for testing on tablet and for some reason when opening on iPad screen have still left right black space. as it is not fit to width.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    C

11. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

We would need to see how you have the background setup. Or feel free to submit a ticket to support@buildbox.com so that they can check your .bbdoc for you