Striking While Kicking And Punching!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, Aug 19, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

hi all I am trying to make a fighting game like Final Fight, or Double Dragon. For now I am thinking to make it 2d not 2.5 like other brawler games. But I can not not manage to create a striking action. I created Advanced move and inside that I tried to import Action for strike or other objcts as character bullets but they don'T seem to work.

Talking about objects and character bullet. What I do it let's say the player has a kicking animation I also import another object and replace it right where the kicking action occurs. But that object won't destroy the enemy as long as I don't set it as spawner. And when I do that those objects stay on screen for ever. So weird. IS there a way to destroy them on screen.

Also I could manage to make a fliying kick animation with Ghost Jump! Can we add more than 1 Ghost Jumps with different animations? Thank You! @Christoph @Andy @heathclose

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

make an invisible decoration object with physics that kills enemies. Make it exactly as big as your striking animation of your leg or sword or whatever. You can give it as well a vertical movement instead of physics if this suits it better. I uploaded somewhere a bbdoc if I remember well so searching the forum is a good option too. :) But it's pretty simple and straight forward.

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you!! So the main reason we give that decoration object a phsyics capability or vertical animation is because we want that object to get out of the screen right?? Also I think we need to set it spawner I guess otherwise it doesn't seem to kill enemies. So we set collision of. I actually thought about that but what would happen if there were 2 floors and the character is up? That object would fall on top of the enemies that are below and kill them. So probably we would also find a way for those floors to destroy the object right?

4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Christoph Actually I created an action animation as strike and added a kicking animation and set it to replace. So when this action is turned on pressing an action button at UI the players kicks and that animation itself kicks and destroys enemy! I set the duration to 0.25 since kicking is fast. Do you think this is a wrong way? Also I don't know why but the strike action moves the player to right a bit and when the player turns left he still moves right while kickin to left which takes him away from the enemy at the left side. Do you know why this can happen?? Thank You!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017