Stop Character Going Through Object

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ZakM, Apr 22, 2020.

1. ZakM

ZakM Boxer

I'm having trouble trying to stop my character going through the side object. Its currently set to static with a mesh that is cube.

InkedScreenshot-1080x1920-2020-04-22-04.18.30PM_LI.jpg

Thanks

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Use Cube mesh for objects and if possible do not use Mesh or Hull forms as colliders. If this still happens change the Sub Steps number from 0 to a positive number up to 10 (see what works for you). If you don't see that option in "World: 3D" upgrade your build to latest beta or wait until next release

3. ZakM

ZakM Boxer

Thank you for that. I've messed around with sub steps and got the cube mesh but still doesn't work. Is their something that i can do that if I move the character from side to on the X axis the character won't fall off the platform? So basically it will only stay on the platform and not fall down.

Thanks

4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Do you use a "float node" for your movement? if so there's a distance that can be set to limit how you move on the x axis

5. ZakM

ZakM Boxer

The float state makes my character go up.

I've sorted it out by using the position limiter node. I used the min and max values of the x axis which stops it going further than the specified amount so it won't now fall off on the side.

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

yep that was next on the list, but I tried to find the source of issue. Anyway, I'm glad it works now! have fun creating.... :D

7. ZakM

ZakM Boxer

Yep, Thank you

Vlad-NY likes this.