Stick To Edge Is It Necessary?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by wesam_badr, Dec 24, 2015.

1. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I was making some buttons without stick to edge but when i revert from iphone 5 to 4 or ipad the buttons despair is that happen only in BB preview or that can happen also in real devices also by enabling it everything become a mess up.

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

This is one difficult settings I get upset sometime :)

What works for me so as to make the buttons universal, is I only enable "stick to edge" on buttons in middle while buttons far apart I disable it so that way when I try it on any Android screen size, the buttons don't disappear but iPhone's are good.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

As a rule, everything that is centered should be without stick to edge. This way it appears on every device centered without moving a single pixel. Everything that is close to the edge should be with stick to edge enabled. This way it appears on every device close to the edge. Does this make sense?

superjack765 likes this.
  4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Well that's what i thought until I tested it on my android device and the once at the edge disappeared without my permission. This works for iphones universally but same settings in most cases does not work for android so you have to tweak android settings slightly.

5. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

my buttons are aligned like the buttons in sky with character selector and start button what should i do i'm confused

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Never tested on an Android device so I can't say anything about that. But if you follow my rule, at least on iPhones, iPads and the preview everything is working correctly.