Splash Screen Bb3

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Kanishk Sachdeva, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

Since splash screen is not customisable in BB3 till now is there a workaround for it. I am about to complete my game and would obviously want to add my splash screen. Is there any solution for this ?

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

You can customize the splash screen in BB3 but you have to do it outside of BB3.. For example, if you are using Xcode, once you load up the project go into the images.xcassets folder. There is your splash screen. Now make whatever you want and just replace it.
    You can do the same thing in Android, but I can't recall the folder off the top of my head.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Kanishk Sachdeva and LBPToo like this.
  3. Kanishk Sachdeva

Thanks for your reply. I found the images.xcassets folder in BB Player after I export and get the folder of the game. Now I am seeing 8 variations of my splash screen. Do I need to change them all or remove all of them and add only one splash screen of 1136 * 640 pixels.

Attached Files:

4. Kanishk Sachdeva

I would really appreciate it if you could take some time out and help me out for android as well.

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

The different variations are for each device, optimized for the device screen. It is wise to have one present for each device. Basically just make one and then resize it for each size needed and replace as necessary.
    Android, I haven't messed with Android for a while now, but I do know that if you load up the project and search the folders in the project you will find the launch screen and you can change it just like in Xcode. Sorry, but thats all I can help in Android, as I said I haven't even booted up my PC in months, I have been strictly IOS.

Kanishk Sachdeva likes this.
  6. Kanishk Sachdeva

Okay , Thanks Anyways

7. Kanishk Sachdeva

I found the location of splash screen after exporting for android as well but unlike iOS it contains only one size for the splash screens. Is this normal ?. Also do you need to change any code or make any other changes apart from changing the splash screen images for it to display on real device ?

8. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Just change that file and you will be good.

Kanishk Sachdeva likes this.
  9. Kanishk Sachdeva

@Codifie I tried changing the images in the folder I get after exporting my game for iOS but still of no help, when I try my game on my iPhone it is still showing made with build box splash screen instead of mine. Do you know why this is happening ?

10. Kanishk Sachdeva

Figured out the problem, I was changing it only in the resources folder and not in image.xcassets folder.
    But there is still one more problem, the splash screen is loading to fast, it vanishes under 1.5 sec I want to delay it and make it stay a little more , is this possible to do so ?

11. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Glad you figured it out. Normally if your splash screen is not updating it is due to your derived data not clearing out. You can manually clear your derived data within Xcode. Also another way is to remove the app completely from your device. Power down the device and back on. Now reinstall and the new launch screen image will show.

As for the time delay, the splash screen is shown doing loading. If your app/game is a small file then yes, the screen will only show for a very short time period. Without actually coding, you can not set a delay because the screen is only showing during loading. Keep in mind that on some devices, older ones, the screen may show for longer due to the speed the device loads the app/game.

Hope this helps.