Spawning Platforms

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by mykodagames, Nov 5, 2015.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Spawning Platforms:

Currently I have a platform setup that spawns (which is set to Permanent) and moves in the Y direction. The weird thing is that when my character (or player) jumps on it (collides) then the jump feature is disabled and my run animation is stuck playing the character never goes back to the default animation (this only happens when landing one of these spawning platforms. I've attached an image of the settings below.

Is there a work around fix for this?

I've tried changing the Spawn Action to jumping but then buildbox crashes so Im guessing thats not the intended use for that.

Essentially what Im trying to achieve are platforms that that go up in the Y direction across the screen that the player has to cross and each column of platforms move at a different speed.

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 8.06.47 PM.png

Makes me wonder how Cube Jump was made (which I believe is also a buildbox game) thats also pretty cool but how did they do it?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

I'm pretty positive Cube jump is not made in buildbox... You may need to adjust the "Ground Threshold" variable under advanced gameplay settings. You could also play with adjusting the friction, bounce force and velocity drag variables. And while a speed of "5" is not very fast, maybe trying slowing it down even more and see if that helps.

3. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Thanks Stevinz, I greatly appreciate the answer :D I decided to uncheck Jump from ground after reading your reply (THANK YOU) in the advance settings and its working :), and thanks for pointing me to the ground threshold which also helped.